"Stock" Only Strategies

Some strategies, such as VolTrade Elite (there are others), are labeled as “Stock” strategies but also make option and futures trades, which in some cases propels their results higher compared to other Stock strategies. Should C2 be allowing this, since the gateway question for new subscribers is something like “What Types of Strategies Do You Want to Follow?”

(On the other hand, there are strategies (like mine) which trade VIX ETF’s that contain futures. Should my strategy also be labeled Stock and Futures?)

Transparency and disclosure are good things…

Ultron Vix Trade is another example, listed as Stock strategy but started off with big option/futures trade. Looks like the strategy is working well, it’s just false advertising for subs…

1 Like

CJ, I agree with you here. Your point may not seem much to some folks but this is quite relevant when it comes to C2 score, which is calculated relative and in comparison with other systems. How can you compare “apples to apples” for a stock system competing against a so-called other stock system that started off aggressively as an options system first.

Matthew Klein, I think this is an issue that needs to be tackled and resolved somehow. It appears to me there is a lot of “bait and switch” going on here with some so-called system developers. They start off with an “aggressive” instrument and then when they get a “lucky hit” they will ride off the coattails of those past positive results into a now more conservative approach/instrument in an effort to sucker in unsuspecting new subscribers who may not be so adept at looking at the “little details” (e.g. high current C2 score as a result of those earlier more aggressive trades/instruments).

1 Like

Thanks KT3. The risky trade will, before long, drop off of the “face” screen for the system and disappear unless you actively click to expand the trades history. You are correct that it is unfair to other Stock systems as well as to the subs.

agree, at least they should make you pay for listing fee before making any trades. currently you get 4 free trades before paying any fee. So it allows people to create grand slam strategies, if it bankrupts after first few trades. Delete the account/strategy and start over. Win/WIN, not like they got any real money on the line. Subs do…

3 Likes

Here is another prime example of the same Ultron fellow

Just compare his first trade (options) with the rest of his trades thereafter (all stocks/ets). Not sure what this guy’s deal is but it looks like all he wants to do is make one big aggressive trade to start, collect a few subs fees off that one big trade (as he has already done with this newest system mentioned above with 2 subs already at $250 a pop) and then abandon the system thereafter (as he has done with Ultron Vix that was mentioned at the start of this thread). Why is anyone even subscribing to and paying him?

Maybe you should only get one “test” portfolio. But you still need to deal with the issue of folks who will just open under a new user name…