Mechinical trading systems

Hi All,

I am just wondering that some of the systems on C2 are mech trading systems and if they are is that mean that the buy/sell signals are automated and no human judgment is required because that will only take away the emotion of the system developer and stick to the the system in the first place free of emotion.

cheers,

San

San,

I estimate a handful of all systems on C2 are fully automated. You can’t be too sure from a vendor’s description. Who knows how often they override their signals out of good or bad feelings.

With some systems you can check the “commentary” field of each signal. (Expand signal table on a system’s detail page)

You will recognize immediately if these comments are generated by a computer.

BTW all of finantic’s systems are fully automated, no human intervention is required - well, as long as all components (data provider, scripts, servers, internet, C2 servers and so forth) work as expected.

In the real world its a bit surprising how often an engineer is required to fix some glitches here and there, but this is different from overriding signals, of course.

My bet is: Sooner or later the top 10 systems on C2 will be 100% systematic strategies, executed fully automated.

Whenever you use google you get a taste of the capabilities of “Data Mining”. And I am sure: The same technology will dirve the best systems in the future.

Doesn’t matter if you name it “Systematic”, “Algorithmic”, “AI”, “Machine Learning”, “Data Mining” or something else…