Multiple addresses for email signals?

I seem to recall this being discussed before but do not remember the result; I have two different email addresses that I would like to signal sent to (for systems I am subscribed to)

Can I configure more then one email address in my account settings for the field "Send trade signals to alternate signal-only email" and if so what is the delimiter between addresses, e.g. space, comma, semicolon.

Currently you can only set one email to which signals should be sent. This one email address can be the email address with which you log in to C2 (it is this email address by default) or you can specify a for-signals-only email address by using the EDIT MY ACCOUNT link (left-side menu bar).

Some email providers allow you to auto-forward emails you receive. I believe that Yahoo does this.

We need a secondary email for back up in case the primary email fail ( lost emails or server down for a long time ).

The forwarding ability will not cover the problem if your primary email is not functional. or else we can just use the primary email and do not need to forward.

Hi Calvin

If your mail server is down, you can still log on to C2 to see the active signals for the system you are subscribed to. Wouldn’t that work for a back up?

Regards

- Fanus

Yes I agree - there are external solutions that I could implement (auto-forwarding) however it doesn’t seem that big a deal to just allow multiple email addresses to be entered in that field.

Glad I’m not the only one who wants this feature.

MK would you consider adding this in the future?

Yes C2 web can be a backup, but only if you are willing to check it every very often. ( every 5 minutes for some system ? ). If the system has a lot signals posted, it take some affort each time you log in to sort out the new signals or verify no new signals.

I use the ITM as alert for now. but the ITM is web-browser based. Each time I click a shout-cut URL of something else, it replace the ITM window with new content. Have to log-in and reload the ITM again. It happens many times per hour.

For those subscribe several systems like me, several ITM windows need to be keep open. When a alarm go off, I can not tell which it blongs until I go thru each ITM window.

The ITM also has annoying alert bell sound and it go on forever until click off. I use email alert for receiving new emails. It has much graceful sound and It also stops after a few seconds.

That makes sense then to want to have a backup e-mail address. I didn’t think about the more active systems. I cannot imagine that this would be too difficult to implement.

Regards

- Fanus

"I use the ITM as alert for now. but the ITM is web-browser based. Each time I click a shout-cut URL of something else, it replace the ITM window with new content. Have to log-in and reload the ITM again. It happens many times per hour."

Two ways around this…

– Open a new browser window, then go back to the window that has the shortcut you want to click on. This will cause the shortcut to open in the new window, rather than overwrite the contents of the ITM window.

– If you accidentally cause a new link to be launched in an ITM window, simply RIGHT click on that window and choose "back".

Hope that helps. Your mileage may vary. Void where prohibited.