Trade signals going to wrong email address

I have a separate email address configured for trade signals since I wanted to have an email audit trail while not having my primary inbox flooded. However, today Collective2 began sending the trade signals to my main email address again. I checked my account settings and nothing had changed. What gives?

Hi, D.:

Yesterday we upgraded our signal email process, and this may have broken the functionality that allows you to specify an alternate email address for signals. Can you confirm whether the problem is (1) that all signals are going to the undesired mailbox, or (2) that signals are being sent both to your preferred mailbox and to the undesired mailbox.

Matthew

The trade signals are being sent only to my main inbox. Nothing is getting to the trade signal preferred inbox. Also, the trade signals are being delivered as HTML email (even though I’ve configured it to send in SMS format). So it seems like the trade signal settings are simply being ignored.

Thanks for looking into it.

This problem appears to be resolved now. Shortly after 2pm EST I began receiving trade signals at my preferred trade signal email address again.

Thanks!

Thanks for pointing out the problem. It is now solved.

This is also a good opportunity for me to mention two email-related improvements made at C2 over the past day.

1) The speed of signal emails, cancel emails, and “broadcasts” by system developers has been improved.

2) If you choose to send your signal emails to your cellphone (or to an alternate email that’s not a cellphone), you can also have the emails sent to your regular C2 account email address. Previously, it was an either-or choice: if you wanted cellphone signals, you couldn’t also have signals to your regular email. That has now changed.

To learn how to configure alternate/cellphone email, please see the Frequent Questions page, available under the INFORMATION menu (top of this page).

Hi Matthew, I am having this same problem with email signals. I sent a ticket via email but it hasnt been addressed, how can I get this looked at?

thanks!

J

I can’t find any trouble ticket under your name, so email me the details.

If you choose to send your signal emails to your cellphone (or to an alternate email that’s not a cellphone), you can also have the emails sent to your regular C2 account email address.

Excellent

Matthew my last 2 trade signals did not go thru correctly. As you know last week I had to email you to get them thru. As for tonights signal it has still not gone thru like it should. My message to subscribers went right thru in less than a minute. My official signal nothing yet.

Anything you can do to help C2 work correctly would sure be welcome.

Rick Haines

I assume when you say the signal did not go thru, you mean that you did not receive an email for the signal you entered at C2 (I see that the actual signal was posted on the site within a second of your pressing Submit, so at least that part was timely.)

You are right that something caused a delay. The email arrived at 22:08, just after your forum post. I will try to figure out what caused the email delay. Thanks for the report.

I sent an email yesterday to the Bug email on the webpage but this hasnt been fixed yet, I am still getting trade signals in my regular email, not my trade only email.

I can’t find your email on the page anymore, Matthew

J

This is an open bug that still needs to be fixed. Sorry it is taking a bit longer than I’d like.