OK it looks like my test trade went through C2 from my new Interactive Brokers account a moment ago, so hopefully all live trade signals should be good to go.
After deploying a new trade server and applying a patch and a couple of suggestions from Multicharts, it looks like things are stable and trading is going as it should (with the exception of one unexplained C2 reporting anomaly).
We’re having a great March, and I’ve decided to turn off trading until after the Powell FOMC meeting/conference tomorrow afternoon. The market will likely shoot to the moon tomorrow if there’s no rate increase, crash and burn if there’s still a 50 point increase, and just spasm like crazy on a 25 point hike. No need to tempt fate, the potential downside of the strats being in the wrong position is much greater than the potential upside of being in the right position…
Glad trading was turned off, this is what would have happened (and what did happen in my paper trading account):
As I suspected it might, the strat jumped on the downtrend, but its profit target was not hit before the 2PM FOMC rate hike release.
I’ll be turning auto-trading back on at 4PM EST.
Well, after notching 20 wins out of the last 22 trades, we’re going into the weekend holding a big red short, currently about $3K in the red. The strat went short earlier this morning with a 3936 target, missed it by $1, and then the market spent the day climbing almost 2% but just gradually enough that the strat kept pushing the stop loss out (remember, it’s dynamic based on a number of factors including volume and ATR) where it wasn’t getting taken out by a wick, narrowly escaping being stopped out all afternoon…
So, here’s hoping we see a pullback Sunday night that saves this trade, otherwise I suspect/hope we’ll be spending next week clawing it back.
Looks like I spoke too soon, Multicharts died again overnight last night. Fortunately there were no orphaned open positions or orders, just a missed trade. I’ve submitted all logs to Multicharts support, fingers crossed they finally figure out why their software keeps dying, now on multiple servers. I’ve restarted the server and trading.
Don’t know if anyone else is having issues with logging into Interactive Brokers currently, but of the six accounts I trade in, two of the six I can’t log into, and one of them is this account. I use IB Key auth for all six accounts, which has worked flawlessly every Sunday afternoon for the last year, but now for whatever @#$%^ reason, two of the accounts are prompting me for a challenge/response code, which I can only get from within the IB app, which when I try to log into with those logins it gives me “Invalid security code.” Circular logic hell.
Why in the WORLD IB doesn’t have any support on Sunday is unbelievable, it’s not like they’re not aware that futures trade on Sunday. But at this rate, there will be no trades in this account until I get it resolved with IB, presumably Mon morning.
Thankfully we have no open positions/orders at the moment, or I would murder someone at IB. I’ll post an update when trading resumes.
OK just got off the phone with IB, tech said they “updated” their authentication system over the weekend, which has caused login issues for some clients. They reset the IB Key and we’re back in and trading. This strat only missed one small winning trade while it was offline last night, so very minimal negative impact.
Nope. Lost trade but VALID entry. The small pullback is a good entry after the breakout and I’d bet it pays more than it net loses (even though most breakouts fail). Still a good trade, YUCK - My EA ignores news so these reversals are part-of-the-biz for us ‘no-news’ cowboys.
It’s been a while since I’ve posted an update, mostly because everything has been running as it should be, and we’ve been making money.
Until now. I applied a patch to Multicharts on Tuesday to supposedly fix an issue, which has resulted in one of my two strategies not working since Tues. I just emailed them. We are still trading, but our best “moneymaker” strategy has been sidelined, the one that trades E-Micro contracts for this strategy. I’ll post an update when resolved, probably not until next week knowing Multicharts. I may have to see about rolling back patch on Monday night.