Offensive System Notebook Comments

I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. Evelyn Beatrice Hall (incorrectly attributed to Voltaire)

If we don’t believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don’t believe in it at all. Noam Chomsky

Even though I agree that some people are overly negative, I think their comments do serve to warn potential subscribers how deceptively easy it is to lose money by getting involved with trading in general. Personally, I make subscription decisions based on results with little weight on notebook comments, system reviews, star ratings, or popularity.

I suggest your best response might be to prove the Negative Nancy’s to be wrong.

I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. Evelyn Beatrice Hall (incorrectly attributed to Voltaire)

If we don’t believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don’t believe in it at all. Noam Chomsky

Even though I agree that some people are overly negative, I think their comments do serve to warn potential subscribers how deceptively easy it is to lose money by getting involved with trading in general. Personally, I make subscription decisions based on results with little weight on notebook comments, system reviews, star ratings, or popularity.

I suggest your best response might be to prove the Negative Nancy’s to be wrong.

Cameron,

Just do your thing and ignore them. These "system notebooks" are generally other system developers who create fake accounts to pump their system up and as is the case of certain fake accounts, they only negatively review other systems.

You will soon see (if you have not already) that when a system gets 4 or 5 stars there is a negative comment posted very shortly thereafter.

Best wishes.

Cameron,

I can feel your frustration and many people in the past have voiced similar complaints and suggestions but it is unlikely that much will change. In time you will learn to live with it as have all the people who have been around here for some time.

As far as your post of today on your own forum page, I agree with it 100%. I do not trade your system even though I like it very much if the vendor posts his own past trading history and/or uses the TOS function but I also know that I cannot take much more than a 25% drawdown (there are exceptions) and that is the reason why I did not subscribe - but this is just my personal risk tolerance.

Karl

The irony of reading a Noam Chomsky quote on C2 makes me cringe. I guess you couldn’t find a relevant pearl of wisdom from the pen of Leon Trotsky.