Oil & gas futures

I subscribe to a C2 system that trades HU, HO, & CL. C2 follows the trades only during the floor session from 10am to 2:30pm. There is an electronic after hours session where these futures are also traded and open positions could be closed. I’d like to see C2 track these prices in the after hours electronic session also. Is this possible?

Thanks

I just saw a C2 tip pop up about being able to trade pit and electronic futures. Is this only for the indexes and not for oil & gas?

It would be nice to track oil & gas throughout 24 hours. It happens that an open position at the end of pit trading could close in the electronic market. If C2 doesn’t pick up on this the trade would still look to be open at the next pit open and would actually be a mismatch from what really happened.

Thanks

For futures where there are seperate pit and electronic sessions, C2 has a different symbol for each session. (Usually the formula is simple, as in: SP for the pit-traded SP, and @SP for the electronic … but it’s not always that clear-cut. Use the symbol guide to find out for sure.)

Then it’s up to the vendor to use the right symbols, depending on whether he wants trades to be executed in pit or electronic sessions. If a vendor enters a stop order for a pit symbol, but wants it to be executed at night, then he will need to “convert” the symbol from day to night using the “convert symbol” feature. (This is the little yellow clock that appears next to certain convertable symbols.)

It’s a bit tedious, but there’s good reason for this. Most people don’t want trades executed on night exchanges due to the frequency of bad ticks and bad liquidity and wide spreads.

If you trade a symbol but you don’t see a equivalent pit/electronic symbol on the C2 symbol guide, email me and I will work on adding the new alternate symbol to the database. It may take a few days, since it’s a bit of a process.

The C2 symbol guide is available on the order-entry screen, or at:

www.collective2.com/symbology_futures

Matthew

Thanks for the reply Matthew. I wasn’t aware that there were different symbols for pit and electronic trading. : )