Orders missing

I subscribe to Kingda Forex (3X) using TradeBullet and IB. Earlier today there was a USDJPY trade that happened normally. Then tonight, as I was doing some maintenance on the trading PC, a STO order for AUDCAD was signaled (received email). I started up TradeBullet and IB within a few minutes and connected, but the order never came through, either as active or as cancelled/ignored. I just wasn’t there. I then opened the position manually.

A bit later the BTC order came from the system (received email) but again TradeBullet didn’t receive it.

Being new to this (10 days or so), I’m wondering if there is an explanation for this behavior. So far I haven’t changed anything in my Autotrade settings, though I have considered toggling Autotrade for this system off/on.

The same thing has been happening to me with a different system. I’ve missed the last two trades that have happened over the course of about three weeks. They just were’t placed. I posted the question here but nobody offered any advice. I tried emailing the support email, too, but it seems to have been ignored. It’s frustrating. If you figure out the problem, I’d appreciate it if you could message me. I’ll do the same for you. In the meantime, I’ll be checking back here to see if someone knows why this problem is occurring.

@Matthew Klein - Do you have system logs that you could check to see whether the orders went out to me specifically? That would help tracking this down. Since I’m not the only one whose seen this it would be nice to know whether it’s C2, the system, or the client causing the problem.

I checked the TradeBullet log and it does not show the orders at all.

Guys - I have forwarded this to Francis over a TradeBullet support and he will look into it and respond here.

Thanks, Matthew. Actually, I’m not using TradeBullet. I’m just sent up autotrading on the C2 website and it’s linked with Open E Cry. I’m trading three different systems, but only the system named BOB DYLAN is stuck with the trades not executing automatically. It was working initially, but then it stopped for some reason. I’ve missed the last two trades.

I do use TradeBullet and Autotrade three systems. Two of them execute just fine, including a trade from another yesterday. For that matter, Kingda Forex had two trades yesterday, the earlier one did execute but the later trade did not (comprising 3 orders).

While it could be TradeBullet, my guess is that it’s something else as the other systems and trades are working.

That’s why I asked if there is anything you can do to check on the signal transmission. At least it would make it easier to know who to talk to. Otherwise this will end up as a “talk to the other guy” problem.

@Michael: your account is in Sync. There are no stuck orders that I can see and the recent signals executed perfectly. Please note that you have set a max of 1 contract so if the system legs into positions you will not be trading anything after the first order. If you see a discrepancy, please email us at support@collective2.com and provide as much detail as you can such as ""On Jan12, I see a trade in System XYZ at 12:34 pm Eastern Time to BUY 1 S&P at price 1234.56 but I do not see it in my brokerage account #ABC."

@Tim: You must be connected to both your broker and C2 for signals to be traded. If you miss a signal it will never be resent, not will you receive any closing order because C2 will see you as flat (C2 does not know about manual or Sync orders). You can enable Autosync in TB options and TB will Sync your account once you reconnect after missing a signal.

Thanks for the advice, Francis. If I see any discrepancies from now on I’ll know what to do. Cheers!

@Francis: so the fact that I was not connected for the first of the three orders meant that subsequent orders were ignored by C2, correct? And I assume the subsequent orders don’t show in the TB log because C2 sees me as flat and does not send them.

Thanks for your help.

Hi Tim,

Yes that’s exactly right: subsequent closing orders were not sent to you because C2 saw you as being flat.

Francis