Past Monthly Returns continue to fluctuate

It seems like every day the May/June returns of my system, Pistol Capital, fluctuate. Why on earth is this happening when I am trading equities that are marked daily? I have sent repeated emails to Collective2 and received no response.

First, some housekeeping: I don’t see any emails from you regarding this question, so be sure you are sending inquiries to the correct address, which is help@collective2.com.

Now, with regards to monthly returns for months already closed…

There is no reason monthly results should change (assuming there was no ex post correction in the trading record for some reason).

However, you should be aware that the monthly results that are displayed will change based on the following:

1) Which broker commission plan you have selected as your current working default. Note that when you select a new broker commission plan, this affects only your view of trading results – not the views of anyone else. In other words, if you choose to see the effects of an “expensive” broker, your results will look worse, but only results presented to you personally. When other people visit your system, they will see your system results through the lens of whichever broker they have selected (typically “Default Commission and Fees”).

2) Results are also affected by your subscription price. We present historical results through the prism of current subscription pricing. So, for example, let’s say you charge $100 per month until June 30. In June you achieve a +10% return. Now, suddenly, on July 3, you decide to change your subscription price to $200. Your monthly results for June will go down, as if you charged that $200 way back in June.

I am not sure which if any of these two possibilities is responsible for your seeing your results change. If neither of these apply to you, then send me a more detailed report. Tell me exactly what numbers you think changed, and the time/date you viewed the different numbers, etc.

But overall, there should not be any reason for historical results to change unless there was a fix in some historical aspect of your trading record.

MK, does the same apply to annual return(compounded)?

There is a difference between annual return(compounded) for the systems main page and the annual return(compounded) for other pages, for a system like Index Spreads, this is 6.3% on the main page and updated system finder, and 18,3% in the grid/notebook. Is the grid/notebook based on delayed data?

This email was sent to productdev@collective2.com on 6/17/13 (as that is where the site says to report “bugs”):

Collective2,

Why do my past monthly returns keep changing? Originally May had a +0.2%, then it switched to -0.1%, and now it keeps going back and forth every day or two. I amended my forum posts and everything (which I can’t delete and it looks silly).

http://collective2.com/cgi-perl/system80374926

I have not changed the fees or changed the broker or anything. These numbers continue to change back and forth every day or two for no apparent reason. Just this morning May results says -0.1%, and now its back to +0.2%. June changes in a similar fashion, -4.1% to -4.3% or something.