Private Messages from unregistered users

Matthew

Can you please prevent unregistered users from sending Private Messages? I received two messages from Unregistered users the last couple of weeks asking questions and I have no way of responding to them.

Regards

- Fanus

I agree. It is frustrating for both sides. Or at least force them to give their e-mail address.

"Shh… Don’t disturb the Q while they are discussing Reality! Before you know it you never existed.

Sam, on the other hand, is definitely not a Q, because he wrote “I stand corrected”."

This thread was closed, but I wanted to ask: what is a “Q”?

not sure if this is the same thing, but on Star Trek: Next Generation, "Q" is a seemingly immortal being from a different dimension with immense powers, a member of the "Continuum". He is also a troublesome, meddling, weird-sense-of-humour sort. See:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Q_Continuum_(Star_Trek)

and it dawns on me, this same description of members of the Continuum can be rewritten to apply to the occasional new system vendor who comes on here "2 points a day" , etc.

"a seemingly immortal being from a different dimension with self-ascribed immense powers to time the market and put the rest of the C2 community to shame…"

I’m surprised that mr Spock doesn’t remember Q…

Q is member of the Q continuum, which is a species that is evolved so far that they are omnipotent. For some reason he is fascinated by captains of the Enterprise, and he has a habit of putting mankind to trial. In one of the latest Star Trek movies he threatened to delete mankind from the universe, which does not mean that we would cease to exist, but means that we have never existed.

PS. If I remember correctly, they live in a place that transcends reality (so it is not really a place) where the tend to have philosophical discussions with each other. Needless to say, a Q will never admit he was wrong. They transcend time too; so being wrong once means being wrong all the time, I suppose.

> I’m surprised that mr Spock doesn’t remember Q…

Alas I may quote Spock, but I am not Dr. Spock. Indeed, I haven’t even seen the latest Star Trek movies. Nonetheless, thanks for the illumination.

I learn something every day on C2.

Actually Spock isn’t a Dr., he is just Mr. McCoy is Dr. :wink:

> Actually Spock isn’t a Dr., he is just Mr. McCoy is Dr. :wink:

Once again, I was wrong: I stand corrected.

How much valuable information can I learn in a day! That’s why I’m

here.

Thanks!

Sorry, I inferred from your earlier conversation with Ross that you are trekkies too, and I believed that The Old Series (where Q already appears) belongs to the standard cultural heritage of every American. Evidently I was mistaken. But you really ought to see an episode with Q. I’m sure you would appreciate his sarcasm! He is one of my favorite characters.