Rescaling messes up stats and list

Recently I have rescaled twice because the account has been growing so fast and I wanted a more realistic feel. But the rescaling also messed up some of the stats. Right now the system has a super-duper 7434 % realism factor, which I actually don’t care too much about.

What I care about is that the system is not included anymore in the weekly/monthly gainers although with its ~80% monthly (4 weeks tailing) gain it should be among the top of the list. I assume this is caused by the rescaling.

Or is there a waiting period or 4-12 weeks after a rescale before a system is included?

don’t worry. With your max DD of 42%, leverage and terrible APD and miserable average per-trade profit, it will likely eventually get back down to its starting point or lower. Likely in a sudden catalysmic whallop, Just take a look at your first system

That will take care of your concern

Thanks for the kind words, but I don’t plan the blow up before reaching 1 million. :slight_smile:

What an asshole…

I apologize for the asshole remark, I meant dummy. It won’t happen again, because I put you on ignore. That’s better.

Let me explain. I ask a technical question mostly for Matt, I expect a technical answer.If someone doesn’t know the answer, I don’t want them to be bitching about the system, specially about DDs, when the system still closed UP for the month when the DD occured. If you want to bet against the system, subscribe and play the opposite of the trades, that easy.

In the maintime I still want my system to be included in the top list if the performance allows it. That simple…

Pedro:

Historically, using C2’s “Rescale” function (which allows you to adjust your system’s baseline capital to a smaller number, almost like a reverse stock split) did erroneously affect certain stats (like Realism Factor) but I believe this has been fixed going forward. Nowadays, rescaling a system should not cause any problems with the way statistics appear. And as far as I know, rescaling never affected the chance of a system’s inclusion in the Gainers This Week/Month lists, nor can I even conceive of an explanation for how Rescaling could possibly affect that list.

In any case, since you rescaled your system before these corrections, I need to manually adjust your Realism factor to take into account the rescale. I’ll try to get that done shortly.

we will try that again. You seem to have a problem digesting your own problems:

“don’t worry. With your max DD of 42%, leverage and terrible APD and miserable average per-trade profit, it will likely eventually get back down to its starting point or lower. Likely in a sudden catalysmic whallop, Just take a look at your first system.”

which has exactly what to do with the initial question being asked?

The stats are there for people to see Ross, in the appropriate place.

Surely you have better things to do? Do you do stand-up?

which has exactly what to do with the initial question being asked?

Everything. The response was the fact that this system is a mirage. It neither deserves best on any list, and its "fast growth" is of little nutritional value and is practically untradable by anone who would actually like real profits. C2 is not about theory. Again, the older system well represents where this one is heading.

"I have rescaled twice because the account has been growing so fast"

What I care about is that the system is not included anymore in the weekly/monthly gainers although with its ~80% monthly … gain it should be among the top of the list.

Have you informed Mathew that you have re written the criteria for the best systems list?

>rescaling never affected the chance of a system’s inclusion in the Gainers This Week/Month lists,

Pannonia II should be at least #3 on the Monthly gainers list right now (+101%), and it doesn’t even appear on it. Before the rescaling I was on the list, so that’s why I think that the rescaling had the adverse effect…

Investigating whether this is the case is on my list to take care of shortly.

Well, since the monthly list is a 4 trailing weeks list, according to that the system is up about 70%, still should be good for the top 6…

Original comment: "With your max DD of 42%, leverage and terrible APD and miserable average per-trade profit, it will likely eventually get back down to its starting point or lower. Likely in a sudden catalysmic whallop, Just take a look at your first system "

I have been here well over a year. This system is a poster child for one subject to implosion. If you still think it should be on a "best" list, then you need to head to the optometrist.

The original question was about the Gainers this Week / Month lists. Not the “best” list. The inclusion criterion for that is clear: The largest increase in capital, for whatever reason. APD, DD and future collapses are totally irrelevant for this list. We know that you don’t like this rule, but this is the rule and then this rule should be applied correctly and so his question is justified and your comments are off topic.

Just curious Ross, Why do you think your system, Futures-Systems.com, has an APD of .05 ?