S&P 500, Dow suffer biggest weekly decline in more than 2 years. So What?

I too enjoy the trader talk. It’s a big reason I am here.

What you’re describing is one of many things I do in my personal account. I trade mostly options and synthetically create the ES exposure I want per my model (what I trade on C2 is just the ES following the model I use). I actually like a more volatile market because it makes things like you describe more doable and fun. Frankly, the low vol this year has been challenging because days like this week come out of the blue. I was disciplined to have puts in place but in hindsight wish I would have had a tighter interval OTM.

I am new here on C2 and candidly hesitant to get too adventurous with options. As you know, option trading is best done on a more robust setting (I use ThinkorSwim). Coupled with the wide spectrum of option knowledge with subs and their need for sometimes one-on-one help sounds like too much work! Not that I don’t want to help, but I don’t think I have enough time! But the big thing is that C2 is a distributed trading system with lots of “must happen” moving parts. That gives me the shivers! The other factor is that C2 doesn’t seem to support very many cash settled options (like ES). The last thing I want to worry about is a sub order not going through and them having to buy 100 oz of gold or 1,000 shares of SPY when they only have a few thousand dollars.

I guess the other big lesson learned this week is the need for subs to 1) do careful due diligence and 2) diversify among different strategies. I think yours will complement well going forward. I just need more time from mine posted to the equity charts! Thanks POM!

You can’t post an article by Tony Robbins with no credit given, no mention of Robbins or Morningstar, and no indication that you didn’t write it.

Here is the link:

This is plagiarism, plain and simple. Certainly, it is also a copyright infringement.

Posting it without showing that you stole it from someone else is unlawful.

1 Like

I think the original I read was from market watch.

1 Like

Thanks. When C2 gets around to correcting this, that may help them.