Server Status - August 31

Due to increased number of users, I have been forced to rewrite the entire Hypothetical Fill Engine (HFE). Unfortunately, this has meant delays in order processing this morning. (The new HFE needs to cycle through all orders at least once before it can use its “smart scheduling” algorithm. As I write this, certain fills are running behind between 20 and 30 minutes, but the HFE should catch up over the next hour or so.)

There may be other issues, too, of which I am blissfully unaware. Please bear with me as I improve the site. It has been a very rough week as I have been fixing/upgrading. I have not been able to get to your customer-service emails. (Please stop writing me telling me how I’m very “unprofessional” for not responding in a timely manner. I’m doing the best I can.)

That said, if you notice anything strange (other than “My fill is taking so long to appear on my screen!”) please email me so I can be kept aware of it. Also, let me know if you experience a slow site in terms of page loading, etc. I won’t be able to respond to every email, but I will appreciate your effort to keep me posted.

MK

Hi Mathew,

Would you consider setting up a staging servers for testing new upgrades/features before putting it into the production server? Really, real money is at stake here and it just doesn’t work to have upgrades installed on production server without serious testing on staging…

Gordon

Gordon:

Yes, that’s something I will try to work on in the near future. - MK