Site Outage Monday May 16, 9:00 AM ET

Everyone -

Our primary data center lost connectivity at around 9:10 AM this morning, and the site was down until approximately 9:40 AM. All C2 services were unavailable for about 30 minutes.

I am working with our hosting company to figure out the cause of the problem.

Matthew

Gen1 servers are still down

Will C2 make good on trades that were bounced during this time?

I thought C2 had dual redundant systems in case of a failure?

i have a wrong fill because of this :frowning: please fix!

Matthew, will you please share the cause of yesterday’s blackout and what is being done to prevent it from repeating?

Thank you.

There was a Denial of Service attack against our primary hosting provider. We are working with in order to decrease the probability of this recurring in the future.

E-mailed to me today:

Having trouble viewing this email? Click here

OEC Home Contact Us

Dear OEC Customer,

Early this morning (U.S. time), OEC experienced connectivity issues that impacted online trading and I want to update you on the incident. During the event, our gateway service provider to the exchanges lost primary and secondary connectivity. As always, our trade desk was available to handle in-bound phone orders and manually enter customer orders. This issue was resolved at approximately 9am ET and online trading has been fully restored with no expectation of further issues. We take pride in our solid track record of uptime at OEC and will be evaluating actions to further enhance the resilience that you have come to expect from us.

If you have any concerns or issues from today’s events, please contact our support team at:

Toll Free (US)

International

+1.614.792.2690

Email: support@openecry.com

Thank you for your continued business.

Sincerely,

Rick Tomsic

President

OEC

Edwin