The opinions expressed in these forums do not represent those of C2, and any discussion of profit/loss is not indicative of future performance or success. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading. You should therefore carefully consider whether such trading is suitable for you in light of your financial condition. You should read, understand, and consider the Risk Disclosure Statement that is provided by your broker before you consider trading. Most people who trade lose money.

SPODD500 Winning Months

C2 updated SPODD500 with a “Winning Months” percentage of 50%. While technically correct, the first trade was actually a test trade at the last trading day of June which was closed out (shortly after the purchase) at a slight profit - but with commission factored in became a (-$5.00) losing trade on the C2 system.

The strategy itself wasn’t even supposed to have a first trade until July 1, but the C2 parked order system did not purchase the SPXL on 6/26/19 at or near the closing price of $51.35 as requested , so C2 was unable to pick up one of the best trades of July missing out on a 2.4% gain for the first trading day of July.

So, yeah, technically we had a losing month of June ($5.00 in commission) at the last trading day of the month when you factor in commissions - which was me just testing out how to enter a trade and then re-entering the trade as a parked order. But I submit that this stat doesn’t really reflect an accurate statistic for this strategy - hypothetical or real.

In my real accounts the trade worked out perfectly.

Sincerely,

Arbi

PS A great way to trade SPODD500 is with no-load no fee mutual funds. In one of our retirement accounts we were able to place the following trade for June 28 - based on the buy signal. Instead of buying the triple - we had to purchase the double since Schwab One Source does not offer triple funds. Mutual funds trade at NAV at the close of the day.

06/28/2019 Buy RYTNX
RYDEX S & P 500 2X STRATEGY FD CL H
32.089 Shares at $125.34 for a total cost of -$4,021.98
NO FEES NO COMMISSION

07/01/2019 Sell RYTNX
RYDEX S & P 500 2X STRATEGY FD CL H
32.089 Shares at $127.24 for total proceeds of $4,083.00
NO FEES NO COMMISSION
Net profit: $61.02 1.5% GAIN

Back to C2 Platform