Did you mean “Allow Manual Trading” feature?

*****Wait I have auto Sync off, why was my account affected by this? I have manual trading enabled???

That may be right… it still auto-trades but nothing happens like what people are talking about here.

So I guess there is still a down side to this setting, which is that when trades happen in a system but C2 has a broker connection down, your account doesn’t get the trades until the outage ends.

I edited this a lot… it’s been a few months so I had forgotten exactly how the whole thing worked when I saw the problem.

summary- I have manual trading enabled on auto-trade, ie no auto-sync, and did not experience any unexpected trades yesterday.

Lost USD 10K today due this autosynch issue across 15 different systems… Really poor, really sad this is happening. I thought C2 had finally solved all these problems and have in place redundancy measures.

1 Like

@MatthewKlein
would the same problem have happened in clients accounts if manual trading was enabled?

I had manual trading enabled and was affected like everyone else. Thankfully, for the 4 to 5 minutes of the outage, I only experienced slight slippage and losses were very minimal.

Interactive brokers must have loved this though…

Can we get an answer please? We have people saying they have had manual trading enabled and were not effected, whereas others with manual trading on were.

Hi,

Most, but not all accounts were affected. Having the manual trading feature enabled made no difference. Having manual trading turned on (or off) would not have prevented yesterday’s sync event.

I think it’s time for you to invest some money into quality assurance, it’s ok it’s usually the way it happens with all companies they develop code, that code causes a major issue, then a light bulb goes off in their heads we need quality. Also, how is this not a basic test case in your testing suite? Losing a connection to a database is a common occurrence.

1 Like

Most, but not all accounts were affected. Having the manual trading feature enabled made no difference. Having manual trading turned on (or off) would not have prevented yesterday’s sync event.

Agreed. There seems to be some misunderstanding regarding auto sync and manual trading. My understanding is that turning manual trading on or off does not turn auto sync on or off, it simply tells auto sync to ignore positions or quantities that were not opened or closed by a subscribed system?

It’s a disaster. There are still important open question here and no answers. I won’t repeat my question. (Hint: Go to my post and find it.)

A more interesting question however is: Why do I pay $100 per month for your buggy software?

1 Like

Tim - I’ll ask Francis to get in touch with you directly via the help desk to answer specific questions about your account.

Hi Jeffrey,

You do not need to do anything–the fix was applied on the same day Oct 11 at 4PM.

Yes that’s correct. See more information at https://support.collective2.com/hc/en-us/articles/210183018-Can-I-trade-manually-in-my-Autotraded-account

I am NOT C2 staff but apparently they don’t bother to answer.

Yes, autotrade implies autosync, no way to decouple them.

Manual trade is only for telling the system not to try to sync your NOT autotraded positions. E.g if you had 100 different positions open when you start trading any system with ‘autotrade’, they will close all 100.

Mind you: ‘manual trade’ is a global setting, you can’t set it on one system and not on another.

I didn’t try NOT to set manual trade because I did have 100+ positions open and didn’t want them to close them ‘by mistake.’ It is quite crazy to have ‘no manual trade’ as the default and when I turn manual trade on (of course I do) they even “warn” me that bad things may happen to my first-born and such. The opposite should be the case. (My 2 cents.)

I hope this answers your question, because clearly you will not get an answer from them.

Joseph

I did send you a long e-mail about my technical questions and recommendations.

As for some reason (this will not go away) you didn’t reply there, we should circle back here and please do explain what fixes you plan to install and when. Go as technical as you need to.

Thanks,

Joseph