Staying Power

Matthew, I should be going “LIVE” on C2 any day now…

I hope this is within forum guidelines. I found out about C2 from a thread I started on Elite Trader regarding “Managing Funds for a Living”.

Simply copy and paste into address bar the following:

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=94764&perpage=6&pagenumber=1

I replied…

"But for the long-haul, I have chosen to prefer strategizing for what targets to be the largest possible AVERAGE ANNUAL RETURN throughout many years - in keeping with certain sense of a smooth approach or managed risk. That type of ‘through the roof blast-off’ may only need a 40-60% compounded (average) rate. Just check the numbers if you don’t believe me!"

I’m not sure if I should post my website URL here, but a simple search on Google with “Kingdom Capital Training Institute” should provide those interested a running start!

From website: Does your investment portfolio average 40+% annual returns without margin, or 55+% annual returns using "limited" margin year-in and year-out…with low risk, time and energy? Our conservative use of covered calls has amassed - a phenomenal Eight-Year Performance!

Yes… (2005) 48% return, (2006) 55% return, (2007 YTD) 16% return… using simple once-a-month option spreads which can be traded in a 401k or IRA account. Nothing magical about this at all. I can even teach my wife how to do this with no investment background necessary. Nothing magical about it at all.

Interesting website. Does you "Kingdom Capital "Pro" Covered Call Fund" actually exist? If so, I assume you have audited records over the past 8 years? I am confused because your disclaimer says the returns are theoretical.

Lew,

A simple once a month strategy that has produced for you almost 50% on average per year is quite impressive. I’ve read some Forum posts by you, but I don’t believe you are sharing this system?

Hard to evaluate exactly unless one has ‘magical’ powers : )

Yes, this fund does actually exist. No the results aren’t available for audit. For now, C2 will have to do. Gilbert

Keep in mind all this is for “educational purposes” only. lol

so, what does it mean then that your fund’s returns are “theoretical”?

ST, You are taking a term from my disclaimer that is standard for every investment website that offers services which contain specific advise.

I simply post to members in "real-time" all trades made in our covered call funds. These funds start afresh with 20k at the beginning of each year.

There is no guarantee and stated returns DO NOT take into conderation tax conseqences. Interestingly though, our results are achieved - even if trades are executed the next day.

…ahhhh, once again a cookie-cutter society! Gilbert

I am indeed taking a term from your disclaimer that appears on many other investment websites as well. However, the returns shown on many of these other sites are simply a backtest, which could easily be curve-fitted retrospectively. If the returns you show are not based on a backtest but were obtained in a real account (your fund) with real money, I think that is useful information for subscribers.

Gilbert - I thought about what you said, and while it is true that I’m not sharing this strategy with anyone, I see no reason why I should not share its results (audited by C2). Therefore, I’ve now created this system under the name Live Long and Prosper. I do not intend on accepting subscribers at this time, if ever.

I will, before the end of the year, offer more speculative day-trading (futures) systems here on C2… as that’s what I tend to find exciting.

Science Trader is absolutely correct. Your claims are VERY contradictory:

"Our conservative use of covered calls has amassed - a phenomenal Eight-Year Performance! "

"Interestingly though, our results are achieved - even if trades are executed the next day. "

so, what does it mean then that your fund’s returns are “theoretical”?

No the results aren’t available for audit. For now, C2 will have to “do.”

Lew, why do you not accept subscribers?

Hello Ross,

“Slippage” I believe is the term used here at C2, for what subscribers can actually expect to achieve by trading off “alerts”.

10-15 stock and option trades per month are executed year-in and year-out in our accounts. We transmit our executions via email to our members.

However inherent in the strategy is that “exhaustive computer monitor staring” is NOT required. Our research has confirmed that as long ALL trades are made (both in and out of positions) within approximately 1-2 days, the subscriber’s funds will progress almost exact with ours. I hope this is helpful. Gilbert

Science Trader,

Perhaps this is helpful.

I have been conducting my web-based business (training services) since January 2002, when I opened my first covered call fund with $20,000 in real money. The returns you see are NOT backtested. What you see is what you get.

See ET for more relevant postings by me under screen name ‘paysense’.

Thanks for the clarifications. I’m looking forward to see your system here on C2.

I’m looking forward to see your system here on C2.

I’m looking forward to see his system here on C2. lol

So far it’s usual blah-blah-blahing of somebody who wants to use C2 as cheap advertising for useless thing. lol Let’s see :wink: I might be wrong, but so far it’s cheap talk.

2Lew I’m not sure that you’ll be able realistically provide the strategy at C2. However, I might misunderstand your words,

Eu