Strategy Limits

Hello,

I read that there are position limits on the products that I can trade by CME in this

My question is if connect my strategy to TOS and not work on C2 but from IB how does it affect that?
Because for example, I can buy only 1 future product of this:

on C2
But if I connect my account to the strategy with the suggested capital how it will affect the trades/limits if I will have TOS? will I have the limits based on my portfolio size on IB or will it stay the same as now?

Thank you

I may not fully understand your question, but let me try to answer as best I can.

The CME requires that we impose certain quantity limits on strategies.

So, how do we handle it when you try to place a trade that violates those limits?

Well, if you’re just manually typing in a trade signal via our WebTrader interface, and you try to trade at a limit above what the exchange allows, C2 will reject the trade.

Now, what if you use BrokerTransmit to “drive” your Model Account? (BrokerTransmit allows C2 to “read” your brokerage account and listen for trades you want to make). If you try to trade above the size limits, then the trade will still happen inside your personal brokerage account. But C2 will reject the order going into your C2 Model Account. This means the trade attempts will be ignored by C2; your subscribers won’t see them; and the results won’t be part of your C2 strategy.

Thanks for the replay.
Just to understand what is the reason that the CME impose those limits? If my account capital has 100K ( and let’s even say I trade TOS) why those restrictions exist? this is the part I can’t understand. In theory if I’ll have 4-5M$ AUM with the current volume that was today I’ll not able to trade those products.

Will that also mean that I’ll need to limit my amount of subscriber?

Sorry for the questions, I’m just trying to understand the reason that they are doing this, as this is the first time I encounter with CME limitations about the contract size, because from what I know if I have in my personal portfolio 200,000 USD I can trade on that amount, and not be limited to trading capital of 50,000. This is the part as I’m trying to understand, the limits.