Subscription Fee Accounting Feature

First I’d like to say that I think that overall, I’m extremely happy with all the great features that C2 has…and the constant innovations that I’ve seen over the years. Thank you for all your hard work, C2!

There’s one feature that I thought of, that I can’t seem to find on the site, which I think would come in handy at tax time, and just for information in general:

Basically, this feature would be an itemized accounting of your subscription fees paid.

These fees are tax deductible, and it would be nice to have quick access to an accounting of them for tax purposes. Does this sound reasonable?

Yes, Steve - Good feature request. Let me see what we can do. (Not likely during this current tax season, though.)

I only just found out this tax season that the fees are deductible. :slight_smile:

On the "subscriptions" page, a way to see fees paid per system, even just two columns - 1 for the current calendar year and one for the prior - would be awesome.

Christina

Matthew, thanks for adding this feature to your list of enhancements to consider. I filed an extension, in part, because I didn’t have ready access to my investment expenses. I spent a few hours this morning reviewing my statements to tally them all up. Having C2 (& YoutualFunds) reporting this information would make life easier at tax time in 2013.

Nolan

I’ll put this feature live on Wednesday, April 18th (tomorrow).

Awesome Matt, thanks so much!

The Subscription Accounting Feature is now available. Look for the option called Payment Records in the My Account menu at the top of your screen. You need to be logged into an account to see it.

It also allows you to print individual transaction receipts.

Matthew

Matt, I’ve just seen the “Payment Records” page, and it’s awesome that you put this together so quickly! Thanks so much…this will definitely be used by a lot of people.

That is great, thanks so much! Interesting to see all the systems to which I have subscribed over the years.

I find I missed ~$100 in fees paid in 2011. Thanks much for implementing this year for 2011.