System Details: Flyin Pink Pig

Ooops!

Flyin Pink Pig (was Sumo? (ever see how hard those big guys fall out of the ring?)) you’ve slimmed down a lot, no “Biggest Loser” jokes please! …Maybe you should just call it bacon, cause the market just ate you up. Ummm, ummm, tasty! Nothin like the smell of bacin cookin in the mornin!

That’s what happens when one gets too aggressive. Inevitably, those kinds of systems will always get nailed…not to mention the fact that it’s not even feasible or practical to trade 3000 oil contracts at one time. Most of the trades were way to agressive and while you can make some fantastic gains hitting a winner 10 times in a row doing that, it only takes 1 miss and you’re done. Trading is only half the battle. Managing your trades efficiently is just as important.

Ironically, I noticed the name of the system was changed from ‘sumo’ to ‘wisesumo’ right when it hit near 2M. The equity peaked shortly after and plunged. There’s a message there for all though - If you get too cocky about trading, Ms. Market will surely find a way to smack you back to reality.

Hi Guys ,

You probably want to know "the truth " and "all the truth " about my system .

To Sam:

Call it bacon if you want , it does not matter for me .I noticed that you are here only to write bad things about systems ,when sumo reach 2 millions you didn’t send me any congratulation .Because of you systematic negative opinions , i think you are just a jealous person .

To six sigma : I never made a trade of 3000 contracts at a time , it’s a multiple entries order .I think you know this kind of multiple order who permit to stay on a negative trade ( for example : enter a short on the sp500 contract below 1300pts and keep it open during weeks against the trend by averaging down ) .I changed the name from “sumo " to " wise sumo” after a big drawdown of 1million $ not when sumo hit 2M , check the history .

And now the story of Sumo :

Everybody have his own trading style , mine is agressive .I did a hard work here during five weeks and i made a thing wich has never been made before on C2 : 100k to 1770k in only five weeks .You can call it luck if you want , i let you calculate what are the odds to obtain this kind of results by pure luck .

After five weeks , the trades are bigger due to bigger capital and the first big DD was caused by a unexplainable duplicated reverse order : four times the size of my trade ,then i lose about 400k on that one .My motivation was touched , and I continue to lose $ by not following the original strategy .But the most important fact who brokes my motivation is the subs factor .I explain : all my subs who had not cancelled their subscriptions during the trial period have bad credits cards .These cards can not be charged because the owners don’t have any $ on his their cards …

Finally , i lose 99 $ and five weeks of hard work on Sumo .I trade to live since 1996 , i know what is the money management ,the position sizing and all these stuff .You haven’t seen yet the best of my trading style : tell me , what you want to see ? The lowest historical DD ? The best sharpe ratio ? a 100% hitter ? Stocks, forex or futures system ? I can make it for you , but this time i don’t want to be paid with fake money …

Alex

"when sumo reach 2 millions you didn’t send me any congratulation"

Why would anyone congratulate horrendously undisciplined trading?

"Everybody have his own trading style , mine is agressive .I did a hard work here during five weeks and i made a thing wich has never been made before on C2 : 100k to 1770k in only five weeks"

Aggressive? I think the term is “suicidal” or “dangerous” or “insane.” And as soon as you ran it into the ground, it demonstrated that you should be avoided at all costs. And you left out that you may hold the record for crashing and burning the worst on C2

"You haven’t seen yet the best of my trading style : tell me , what you want to see ? The lowest historical DD ? The best sharpe ratio ? a 100% hitter ? Stocks, forex or futures system ? I can make it for you"

I wouldn’t even let you trade my play money. A better name for your system might be “Pork Chops.”

Don’t make me laugh Ross ,

Do you feel smart with your equity curve ?

your system shows exactly the same results than mine : 50% win ,equal avg loss and win ,W:L ratio 1.1 ,just add a zero to all the numbers and you will have mine…You made 161 trades to win 2660$ what a great trader !

The most worrying thing about your personnality is that you try to teach (or judge) other people even when your mediocrity can be viewed by all .

Laugh? You with a 50% win ratio? One small market move, and your style of trading would cause people to lose their life savings and go into bankruptcy. Your smartest reply would be to not to brag on a catastrophic trading approach.

and funny thing, your rating is around 31. Again, you would do a lot better not to drop your pants, and moon the crowd. You have no idea how stupid you sound.

Look at my system : 50 % win …

i "sound " but you are

go away, little boy

Don’t take people for fools , do you think anybody here put "their life savings " on a 3 month old system ?

My trading approach is catastrophic like yours , your system will be negative soon : you made 10k and go back to zero ,you made 15k and give back 50% . Should i call you "trading wizard " or " master of CME " for those results ?

The difference between my subs and yours is : mine had a chance to retire with 2million at a time , yours will go back home with 2k .

I almost hate to respond, because I have seen nothing from you that demonstrates a shred of trading acumen.

Your people took home $2 million. Do you really believe that your subs would have been that psychic to get out at the top? You are bragging because I would basically made my people little money, while you could have made them bankrupt in a couple of weeks? You think that is similar?

Why don’t you read what you say before hitting the “OK, Post it” button?

You are providing a running commentary on how not to trade. Worse, you actually seem to believe your words. How about putting out a request to see how many people here would agree with you?

Go ahead, insert another stupid statement in the space below. You are on a roll.

I am done conversing with you. I know you will think you have “won” but I am tired of talking to the wall.

You said:

"Everybody have his own trading style , mine is agressive .I did a hard work here during five weeks and i made a thing wich has never been made before on C2 : 100k to 1770k in only five weeks .You can call it luck if you want , i let you calculate what are the odds to obtain this kind of results by pure luck ."

I am certain it was hard work, and yes, everyone has their style. Here is where we disagree… I am aggressive, you are suicidal. Aggressive is pushing the speed limit and catching a few yellow lights, not playing chicken with a semi on the Autobahn.

And, actually, given this very large sample we have at C2, your run towards 2 million isn’t that out of bounds. Impressive? It could be, but I checked all of your other systems and only one other is profitable to the tune of 50k and most have losses similar to that.

It was a nice run. But it ended quick. If you want to prove the runup wasn’t a fluke and the drawdown WAS, do it again… and keep it. With that kind of line, it ain’t easy.

Btw, please come into the oil pits and swing a 3k line.

Please.

"It was a nice run. But it ended quick. If you want to prove the runup wasn’t a fluke and the drawdown WAS, do it again… and keep it. With that kind of line, it ain’t easy. "

Done.

"Done"

I think you mean “I will try.” Nothing was “done.” the money mangement behind this shows complete and total annhilation of anyone foolish enough to trust this. I wouldn’t even trade that with Monopoly Money.

If running it into the millions, and then cratering and running it into the millions is “done,” I think you more mean “stick a fork in it, its done.”

From what I can see you are still negative a quarter of a million or so, after having been down a cool million. If I recall, you’ve been underwater since you started.

Now, if you’re talking about your “Best Case” equity line, that’s more than a little silly.

Here’s Tradestation EL code to give you far more than you’ve “made” in shorter time:

Buy next bar at C + .25 Limit;

Sell Short next bar at C + .25 Limit;

Run it on 5 minute ES bars and pyramid your profits. You’ll have a perfect expoentially rising equity curve, and something like a 1% maximum drawdown.

Ironically, it will also give you a much higher Realism Factor than Pink Pig has, which is also sadly appropriate.

There, I have saved you from any further “hard work”.

Ha ha ha ,

My EC even with my money management looks better than yours

for sure , you don’t lose a lot

"From what I can see you are still negative a quarter of a million or so"

Change your glasses…

Oops,

Buy Next Bar at C - .5 Limit;

Sell Short Next bar at C + .5 Limit;

He meant with realistic commissions…

I am not the one to kick a man when he is down, but out of curiousity what happened to your system: it shows the following statistics:

Started Buy Power Cash Long Eqty Margined Open P/L

$100,000 ($6,182,900) $3,709,060 ($1,828,560) $8,063,400 ($7,897,470)

ps: with realistic commissions and slippage…