The opinions expressed in these forums do not represent those of C2, and any discussion of profit/loss is not indicative of future performance or success. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading. You should therefore carefully consider whether such trading is suitable for you in light of your financial condition. You should read, understand, and consider the Risk Disclosure Statement that is provided by your broker before you consider trading. Most people who trade lose money.

System development ideas

Actually none of my systems have any predictive value. They are all more reactive than predictive.
Any ideas to add for predictive behaviour? :slight_smile:

I think product in focus makes a lot of difference. or lets say product behaviour in focus.

have read that - but revisiting wont be a bad idea

Btw any amibroker developers here?

Most good system will last 5+ yrs. bull market and bear market. But this problem with everyone is expectation. If you subscribe to a strategy, showing up 100%+ annualized return. Better expect a 50% draw down can come any time. Even tomorrow! If you subscriber to a system that is up 50% annualized, you better expect to see a 25% drawdown. It could happen as soon as you subscribe.

I mean these things happen to good systems. If you can’t handle a 25% draw down. Don’t subscribe to any system has an annualized return greater than 25%.

Any ideas to add for predictive behaviour? :slight_smile:

If I provide ideas I might have to shoot you afterwards…hahaha! (just kidding)

On a more serious note, try looking for patterns of behaviour or chart patterns that re occur over and over. Also you might try hedging methods to hedge against a bad trade as you know not all trades will win.