Systems For Spread Betting/Binary Bets

I have tried to trade signals generated on futures/forex systems of my own with spread betting in the past (having had an account from my time in the UK) but I found the spreads were very wide and prohibitive for day trading and even problematic for longer term trades because of rolling contracts or meeting other costs.

Spread betting afforded me a lot more leverage (not necessarily a good thing) and meant less money down to play. I think it should be possible to translate signals from a regular system to spread betting but I think it would require an even stricter disciplined approach then normal or a very intricate position sizing metric to make it successful.

I also don’t like their ability to simply suspend the market during times of high volatility, you have to remember that marketplace is entirely synthetic regardless what they do themselves with the underlying on your trade. I find it a fascinating dynamic but I’m not sure it’s something I would look to do again should I return to the UK.

I have tried to trade signals generated on futures/forex systems of my own with spread betting in the past (having had an account from my time in the UK) but I found the spreads were very wide and prohibitive for day trading and even problematic for longer term trades because of rolling contracts or meeting other costs.

Spread betting afforded me a lot more leverage (not necessarily a good thing) and meant less money down to play. I think it should be possible to translate signals from a regular system to spread betting but I think it would require an even stricter disciplined approach then normal or a very intricate position sizing metric to make it successful.

I also don’t like their ability to simply suspend the market during times of high volatility, you have to remember that marketplace is entirely synthetic regardless what they do themselves with the underlying on your trade. I find it a fascinating dynamic but I’m not sure it’s something I would look to do again should I return to the UK.