Tmg

I like this system (TMG), but I have two questions:

1) How is it ALWAYS #1 or #2 in the most watched list? Odd

since it is an EOD system (i.e. the position isn’t going to change

intraday so why would people keep coming back to look?).

2) Being a breadth based system, why was it long on the open

on Feb 27th? All breadth measures I can see on a weekly, daily,

and hourly basis were pointing down.

Thanks.

1. Could be because the System Finder and The Grid both put it on top of the list in their default sort.

2) Don’t know, but it costed me money and it isn’t doing very good after that either :frowning:

The initial sort of The Grid and The System Finder is based on "popularity." The thinking is that - rather than having C2 pick a criteria that matters most - we instead let users vote with their mouse.

Of course, the unfortunate side effect of this algorithm is that popularity tends to be a self-fulfilling prophesy. Systems get popular because they are already popular!

I do my best to have the site "introduce" less well-known systems in various ways, but the effect is hard to fully counteract.

Matthew

>The initial sort of The Grid and The System Finder is based on “popularity.” The thinking is that - rather than having C2 pick a criteria that matters most - we instead let users vote with their mouse.

Great idea, MK, but it has a major drawback. Anybody can create multiple alias user id’s and continue to click on their systems page (page refresh) to make it the most populer. Therefore it is not practical :wink:

>Of course, the unfortunate side effect of this algorithm is that popularity tends to be a self-fulfilling prophesy. Systems get popular because they are already popular!

Not necessarily for the same reason stated above :wink:

>I do my best to have the site “introduce” less well-known systems in various ways, but the effect is hard to fully counteract.

The true solution is to use an objective criteria to evaluate the quality of a system/method and “introduce” them based on the resulting ranking of it. There is no way a “novice” or even a “sophisticated” user can practically come up with it for thousands of systems/methods on his own…

It’s still on top whenever I look. There are also many reviews written about TMG.

I noted the large number of reviews earlier, when they were all very positive. I suspected that the vendors somehow encouraged subscribers to write reviews, but I am now subscribed for more than a month and I have not experienced any such attempt from the vendors. There are still many reviews written, albeit more sceptical now.

Could it simply be that this system has many subscribers, who write many reviews, which in turn generate many views?

I think they just have a lot of subscribers as it’s a very easy system to trade and until recently had an exceptional performance.

I had subscribed, but have seen nothing but losses from the system (I had not traded it yet personally). In fact, it is as bad now as it was good before Feb 27

The system does not seem to be able to handle market behaviour following a market plunge. It would be interesting to go back and see how it would have done shortly after the mid-May '06 plunge…

It is possible TMG is nothing more than a backtested system that just doesn’t really cut it in the real world. We shall see…

Could it simply be that this system has many subscribers, who write many reviews, which in turn generate many views?

The system came from a forum gurus to hehe C2’s blood bath. :wink:

Check the system description

"http://www.investorshub.com/boards/board.asp?board_id=7383 (click on “Show Board Info”)"

I don’t discuss the system just giving you my 2c from where the views are coming.

Eu

• it had an excellent equity curve and reward/risk statistics (until the recent drawdown). Even including the recent drawdown, its reward/risk is still very good.

- it does well on marketing: website, discussion group etc. Perhaps it has been able to attract many subscribers from other sources than C2

- no dependence on auto trading technology

- its signals are useful to many segments of traders: futures traders, options traders, daytraders, end-of-day traders, IRA account holders etc.

I actually recommended a vendor of a futures system on C2 to start a second system that trades the ETF, as I suspect ETFs have a large audience here on C2.