The opinions expressed in these forums do not represent those of C2, and any discussion of profit/loss is not indicative of future performance or success. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading. You should therefore carefully consider whether such trading is suitable for you in light of your financial condition. You should read, understand, and consider the Risk Disclosure Statement that is provided by your broker before you consider trading. Most people who trade lose money.

Trade_id versus signalid

I am using the stoploss with my BTO’s and I wish to monitor my positions - cross-referencing them to my own database of signals. When I submit my signals I capture the signalid locally and later, I use the requestTrades API call to get a history of all trades. The requestTrades API call does not return the original signalid, but does include a trade_id for each trade. i have noticed - with limited testing - that this value is +1 on the signalid. If this is always the case, I could query the requestTrades JSON for the trade_id that is related to my order and pull the closed price of the position.

Has anyone used this trade_id = signalid +1 ‘happenstance’, or is it a ‘bad idea’ to assume this applies consistently?

Hello,

it is a bad idea. :slight_smile:

Re your:

Look at “show_component_signals”. It should return signals too:

Back to C2 Platform