OrderId field lack in response

Hello:
When I am sending in ‘Order’ I do not know ‘SignalId’ as it will be coming with the response.
I can only use ‘OrderId’ to cross-reference my orders and SignalIds. But the response does not come with ‘OrderId’, only ‘SignalId’. So how am I supposed to know which ‘SignalId’ is which ‘OrderId’?
I suggest that the response should return ‘OrderId’ along with ‘SignalId’ if it wasn’t empty in the original request. Otherwise with a fast coming signals it will be a hot mess in a second.
Maybe I am missing something, so I’d appreciate your feedback.

Alex - can you please confirm which endpoint you are using. (Don’t include you apikey)

Hi thanks for getting back:
api4-general
.collective2.
com/Strategies/NewStrategyOrder?Order=

I can see this was discussed before:
forums.
collective2.
com/t/signalid-not-being-used/7040?u=alexbesp
but still not sure of the functionality.
Can I use my own SignalIds sequence?

Hi Alex,

On C2, there are no orderids, only SignalIds. You can use the SignalId as a proxy for your orderid. You send an order, and you get back a SignalId which you can use to track your orders (signals).

Please see examples at How to submit signals to C2 - Collective2

Well, evidently there’s ‘OrderId’ in the API, how is it to be used then?

It depends on what you you want to do: if you want to send orders to your brokerage account, then the counterparty–your broker–will respond with a orderid.

If you want to publish signals to a C2 strategy, the the counterparty–C2–will respond with a signalid.

From your initial post above, you seem to want to replicate your brokerage account positions in a C2 strategy. If that’s the case, you should consider our no-coding-required features BrokerTransmit and PlatformTransmit.