TradeStation Signals

I downloaded the free software. Question, according to the user manual the TS workspace has to be labeled and opened for the signal to go to C2, do we then need create separate Systems, here on C2, for each open TS workplace?

If the symbols on your Tradestation workspaces do not overlap, you do not need to create separate C2 systems. Otherwise, if the same symbol appears within different Tradestation workspaces, you will need separate C2 systems.

This is because TradeStation issues signals as BTO / BTC /STO /STC and TradeStation’s signals will step on each other when being sent to C2.

OK, Thank you.

Now, next question. If I want to overide my system, say by taking a profit before TS sends a signal for it, can I do it from the C2 trade screen?..and if I do, what happens when my TS system eventually semds out the BTO or STO?..will C2 recognize that there is no position to close and ignore the signal?

That won’t work. Once you decide to make your system rely on TradeStation’s automation, you’ll need to live by it entirely. As you surmised, there’s no way to tell TradeStation that you’re manually adjusted your strategy or positions here on C2. If you do try to fiddle with your system’s strategy here on C2, any subsequent TradeStation orders may step on the toes of your manual orders’ intentions.

Matthew,

What if I were to turn off my strategy in TS after I manually exit a trade, and then turn it back on would that make a difference?

I suppose that might work.

But my reservation is this. If you are going to sit at your computer screen, manually adjusting your system’s exits, monitoring positions, and making sure that old pending stops and limits are cleared away, etc… then why bother automating any of it? Why not just treat it like a discretionary system (nothing wrong with that, of course) and manually input your entries, too?

By all means, go ahead and try your idea. But I wonder if it’s worth the trouble to automate one half of a system and not the other.

Matthew,

Thanks, I’m going to try it with a TEST system.

On TEST Systems, can they be changed to “live” systems mid-stream, without being reset, or must you just rename the sys and start from scratch?

See FAQ: you can, indeed, change test systems into real, subscribable systems, but you must first erase the test system’s track record to prevent bias from creeping into your track record.