Trading percentage wrong

I started trading the forex system Bijagual. I entered 20 percent for my scaling factor, but I got 200 percent of the system’s open positions. In the configure system it shows the proper Hypothetical results at 20 percent, but still opened twice the positions. I stopped trading the system and all closed properly at 200 percent thank god. There went 60 bucks to C2’s technology.

1 Like

I also had problems with setting the scaling.
It does not always what you gave in. Be very carefull.
I think C2 has to look about this.

I agree, be careful. Many times I have set scaling to some amount less than 100% such 10, 25, or 65% and so on and when I click to close the window the scaling defaults back 100%. Also, sometimes when I scale at 20 or 30 percent I also get 200 percent or 300 percent scaling when I hit return after entering.

When I am re-scaling my auto trading percentage I almost always wait until the markets are closed, since I trade mostly stock systems, and also immediately go back to the auto trade control panel to double check to be sure it is correct.

1 Like

Please C2, will you take action?

Just FYI, when I went back to stop auto trade, the configure screen still displayed 20%.

I tried again today at 40 % and got fills at 400 percent. I have print screens detailing this. Why has this problem not been resolved or even responded to by C2?

Huck -

The quantities being traded are completely correct. You are not doing the math right. At Collective2, the forex quantity is a minilot (i.e. 10,000 units).

So the strategy you are trading (for example), is long 20 AUDCHF. That means the strategy is long:

20 x 10,000 AUDCHF

which equals 200,000 units.

You had a scaling factor of 40%.

40% of 200,000 = 80,000

… which is EXACTLY what AutoTrade opened.

I think perhaps you do not know that forex quantities are minilots (i.e. 10,000 units).

1 Like

Thanks Matthew, I have been away for too long and was thinking that 10 was 10,000 not 100,000. I am sorry for all of my confusion. Huck

I think I had an issue too about a week ago. I was trying to scale @ 20% ( I believe ) and it populated either 100 or 200%. It was on 1 of the popular long only VIX strategies. I dismissed it & corrected. I will let you no details if I see it happen again…