Trading s&p mib futures

I AM TRYING TO SELL MY SYSTEM ON S&P MIB FUTURE (ITALIAN INDEX FUTURE).

THEREFORE, I ASKED TO COCCELCTIVE2 HOW CAN I DO THAT .

THERE IN SO SYMBOL IN THE LIST FOR THIS FUTURE.

WILL THE COLLECTIVE2 ADD THIS SYMBOL ?

IF NOT, I CANNOT SELL MY SYSTEM .AND I ASK NOT TO CHARGE MY CREDIT CARD AND TO ANNULL THE CONTRACT.

Ask C2 to add the symbol you need (tell him the symbol… don’t just complain). This is probably a good forum to do that in. Then wait a reasonable amount of time for an answer, and don’t say silly things while waiting (such as - I demand a refund, etc). I’m sure he’ll answer you.

Lew Payne,

I thank you for your reply.

I just aslked to add the symbol S&P MIB FUTURE.

Lorenzo Posa

Which exchange is this traded on, Lorenzo?

Looks like Borsa Italiana, but calculated by S&P, which in itself presents a problem from a feed standpoint. Derivatives are via IDEM. Some typical symbols are:

S&P/MIB

^SPMIB

But the closest tracking I can find is:

MIB30.X MIB 30

MIBTEL.X MILAN MIBTEL GENERALE

which is not what he wants (and I’m assuming we’re looking in the same place).

It’s offered in the US by Interactive Brokers and trades on IDEM. Symbol = SPMIB.

http://www.interactivebrokers.co.uk/contract_info/index.php?action=Drill Down Search&site=IB&symbol=SPMIB&contract_type=FUT&exchange=IDEM

…which in itself presents a problem from a feed standpoint. Repeat.

MK - The definitive answer I received (topic ID #1530 elsewhere) was:

"We provide a once-a-day update on this index in the afternoon, symbol MIB30.X"

That obviously won’t work. Looks like real-time trading of this future is not possible at this time.

Matthew Klein,

THE S&P MIB FUTURES AND MINI S&P MIB FUTURES ARE TRADED ON IDEM EXCHANGE (ITALIAN DERIVATIVE MARKET) OF BORSA ITALIANA SPA.

THESE CONTRACTS ARE QUOTED IN INDEX POINTS, AND EACH POINT IS € 5 (ONE MINI S&P MIB FUTURE POINT IS € 1)

THE REQUESTED MARGIN IS 7,75 % .

THERE ARE FOUR CONTRACTS: MARCH - JUNE - SEPTEMBER - DECEMBER. (EXPIRE :THE THIRTH FRIDAY OF MARCH, JUNE,SEPTEMBER AND DECEMBER.

THE NAME ARE: S&P/ Mib Futures (JUNE 2007) AND Mini S&P/Mib (JUNE 2007)

THE BORSA ITALIANA USE ALSO AN ISIN CODE.

THE ISIN CODE FOR S&P/MIB FUTURES JUNE 2007 IS IT0008622323

ANYWAY, THE BORSA ITALIANA SPA LINK IS: WWW.BORSAITALIANA.IT.

HERE YOU CAN FIND (I HOPE) ALL THE INFORMATIONS YOU NEED.

THANKS A LOT

Lorenzo Posa

Ciao Domenico,

grazie per la tua risposta.

Ma, purtroppo, Matthew mi ha scritto che l’ S&P MIB FUTURE è untradeable, quindi non posso vendere il mio modello tramite il sito C2.

Purtroppo, il risultato di questo modello è il risultato di tanti anni di studio e verifica pratica . Il modello è stato concepito per seguire il mercato italiano e, quindi, è stato parametrato per funzionare solo sul S&P MIB FUTURE con delle regole ben precise valide solo per questo tipo di strumento finanziario.

Matthew mi ha chiesto se posso eventualmente utilizzare altri strumenti finanziari indicati nella lista del sito C2.

Ma questo comporterebbe un aggravio del mio lavoro in quanto dovrei riparametrare il mio modello ad un altro strumento (per esempio il BUND), variandone in parte anche le regole.

Ciò significa, inoltre, che, ovviamente occorrerebbe anche un back testing ed una verifica pratica per la conferma della sua validità.

Mi sono iscritto al sito C2 da qualche giorno e non so (dopo aver dimostrato mediante un track record di C2) se ci sono concrete e buone possibilità di vendere un modello o un trading system.

Potresti dirmi qualcosa in merito ?

Ho scritto in italiano perchè mi è naturale e molto più facile e chiedo scusa agli altri per non aver scritto in inglese.

Ti ringrazio anticipatamente, e se puoi, e lo vuoi , nel caso in cui non ti costa fatica, se traducessi quello che ho scritto, in modo che anche altri possano comprendere, mi faresti cosa molto gradita.

Di nuovo grazie.

ciao

Lorenzo

Hi Lorenzo, potete usare http://babelfish.altavista.com/ per tradurre qualche cosa voi stessi. Ciò è che cosa ho ottenuto dal vostro messaggio:

Hello Domenico, thanks for your answer. But, unfortunately, Matthew has written to me that FUTURE S&P MIB is untradeable, therefore cannot sell my model through the situated C2. Unfortunately, the result of this model is the result of many years of study and practical verification. The model is conceived in order to follow the Italian market and, therefore, it is parametrato in order to only work on FUTURE S&P MIB with of valid the very precise rules only for this financial type of instrument. Matthew has asked to me if I can eventually use other financial instruments indicates to you in the list of the situated C2. But this would involve an increase of my job in how much would have as an example to riparametrare my model to an other instrument (the BUND), varying of in part also the rules. That means, moreover, that, obviously it would be necessary also back testing and one practical verification for the confirmation of its validity. They are enrolled me to the situated C2 from some day and I do not know (after to have demonstrated by means of track a record of C2) if there are concrete and good possibilities to sell a model or a trading system. You could dirmi something in merit? I have written in Italian why me he is natural and the much easiest one and I ask excuse the others in order not to have written in English. Ringrazio to you anticipatamente, and if you can, and you want it, in the case in which you hard work does not cost, if you translate what I have written, so that also others can comprise, you would make what a lot me appreciate. Of new thanks hello Lorenzo

Lorenzo, we too wuld SPMIB in tradable symbol list!

How another many traders wuld the SPMIB?

Purtroppo, il fornitore dell’alimentazione non incarica questo simbolo. In conseguenza, C2 non può offrirla in questo tempo.

“na 1/2 lezione d’inglese” Ma pensi veramente che ne basti mezza…

:wink:

I’m not trying to be difficult. I simply do not have access to real-time quotes for this instrument (S&P / MIB). Right now, I only have access to real-time data for all U.S. markets, EUREX exchanges, and LIFFE. If you can find me an instrument traded on one of the dozen or so exchanges covered by C2, I will be delighted to add the instrument!

Matthew

Is not difficult to add that ticker as well; this are datas available if C2 require it, depends on it evaluation of costs and benefit about time to spend on it…

How do you conclude that it is not difficult? If C2’s feed provider does not support that exchange real-time (and I already confirmed that they do not), then I don’t see how it would be easy to add. Unless there is enough demand, the feed provider isn’t going to enter into an agreement with the Borsa Italia and pay the required initial and monthly fees in order to supply one feed customer (C2) with an IDEM real-time feed.

While you may think it’s just a technical issue that can be “fixed” by a bit of coding, this is not the case. C2 would have to find a secondary real-time feed provider and go through all the set-up and integration necessary in order to provide this one symbol. I hope that clarifies the reason why it is a problem in this particular case. It is not just an arbitrary decision, or C2 “not wanting” to do something.

"C2 would have to find a secondary real-time feed provider and go through all the set-up and integration necessary in order to provide this one symbol."

Not to mention the maintenance that goes with it. In software, the initial setup is often only a third of the work, and the ongoing maintenance 2/3s. I suspect that trying to respond to C2 vendors requests or fixes, corrections, and support would also rise correspondingly with every exchange, feed, and utility added. And going into foreign languages, techniques and customs cannot make it easler. (Like I said before, does C2 want to support the Mumbai, India exchanges???)

As you said, for one customer, not so likely a vl

C2 is not a hundred person company, and as I understand, is not particularly profitable yet. It is only several years old. The owners need to target where the money is spent. There is also language and other barriers. Although there is a euro, there is not really a common language. There are many in Europe.

The USA speaks English, and is uniform and is wealthy and has lots of forex/options/futures traders. The US tradable markets are vast and known and accessible to them. Many of the people who come onto C2 are from the USA.

For example, there is a lot of requests for S&P 500, Nasdaq, Dow, Russell. Europe has how many different indexes? I see very little request for Spanish or Portuguese or Polish or Slovenian or Croation or (etc. etc.) stock indexes from new people here. Even many European traders involve themselves in the US market indexes.

And again, should it handle Australia, India, China embryonic markets? Have you seen requests for these yet here?

Should the owners learn Japanese or Korean in case people who only speak these come in? You already sometimes speak in Italian here. Some of us haven’t a clue what you are saying. And when people reply to your posts, your responses indicate you don’t know what they said.

That should give you an indication of why this place focuses on the markets it does. When you complain about certain things, you do not seem to understand the problems involved.

anyway is not for 1 only customer…

It is for one customer - C2 is the customer of the feed provider. The feed provider doesn’t care how many customers C2 has. Even if C2 has ten thousand customers who want Borsa Italia, the feed provider only sees it as “C2 - one of our paying feed customers - wants Borsa Italia”.

I wish you would think about these things instead of making statements like that… you know enough about trading to understand these things.

I am sure that if Borsa Italia would provide C2 with a free feed, they would be happy to take it (if not, I would be happy to take it and feed C2 with it).

Caro Domenico,

ti ho inviato un messaggio privato, spero che tu lo legga.

Ciao

Lorenzo