Trading strategy for GM

I posted a few days ago regarding whether or not C2 was worth sticking around and I was convinced to at least give it an honest shot. So, I’m putting my strategy out there. The “guidelines” say not to mention strategies that are under 6 months old. Mine technically is, but this is only month 5 here

• So I set up coupon: UGKL95663 for 2 free months of subscription.
  • If you simulate the strategy, I’ll send you a 50% off coupon for your first 2 months if you choose to subscribe.

After that, the strategy will have been here a while longer and hopefully proven itself as worthwhile. If it hasn’t, then we can part ways with no hard feelings. The coupon is available until April 2.

The Strategy:

A bit more about what’s going on here
The goal of this strategy is not to make huge leaps suddenly; I am attempting to provide steady, reliable returns.

All of the trades are being determined by two systems:

1. A decision tree-based strategy that was developed by analyzing 90+ technical indicators and statistics over 9 years of data with a genetic algorithm (hence the name)
  2. A risk assessment system that hedges larger or smaller bets based on how certain the strategy is on a given day

I’ve chosen GM for its long, relatively stable trading history but the method could theoretically be applied to any security (and one day might be!). Each morning before the market opens, the algorithm will analyze the past day’s movements and forecasts either up or down movement between that day’s open and the next. Then it places a long or short order which is sized by the risk-assessment system.

Signals are sent automatically to C2 and a “spike monitor” watches the strategy only jumping into action if it believes it can capitalize on anomalous behavior. Otherwise, it dutifully waits for morning to decide the next move. I’m regularly developing, back-testing, and paper/live trading improvements to the methodology.

To avoid issues, I’ll let the hypothetical performance tracked by C2 speak for itself. I’m also happy to answer more questions or generally talk about how this strategy came about!

Trading is risky and you can lose money on this, or any, strategy!