UPDATE: C2Bridge for NinjaTrader 8

We’re proud to announce the new NinjaTrader-C2 Bridge.

C2 Bridge is designed to replace NinjaTrader’s built-in C2 interface, which is described here:

https://collective2.com/using-ninjatrader-with-collective2

What would be the cost to use after the completion of your beta testing, Lorant?

Hi Terry:

After the beta test, C2/NinjaTrader bridge will cost $250 for a 6-month license.

My company is the developer of the bridge, and we’ll continue to iterate and improve it constantly.

Even now, in this early beta release, we think it’s a vast improvement over the old way of doing things.

For example, in the “old" NinjaTrader interface (the one built into NinjaTrader), Ninja just “fired off” orders into your C2 strategy… and that was it. It didn’t check if the order arrived, or if it was processed. In fact, it didn’t even know or care whether an order was meant as a “to open” order or a “to close” order. So sometimes (not often, but it happened enough to be annoying) your C2 strategy would take the opposite side of your Ninja trade (i.e. go long when you want to go short!).

The new C2/NT bridge solves all that. It will constantly “sync” all orders and positions between Ninja and C2. And it will soon become a full-fledged standalone OMS, which will update you graphically on the status of all your orders, both on C2 and Ninja.

In other words, we think the C2 Bridge will be a valued and important part of the C2/NinjaTrader ecosystem. For now, during the beta period, the software is completely free. This gives us a chance to prove its value to the Ninja/C2 community; and of course it also allows us to learn from community members how the early versions of the software works for them, and where it needs to be improved.

So I hope you will download a free copy from here

https://www.collective2.com/collective2-ninjtrader-bridge

and give it a try, and let us know what you think.

Lorant

The new “build101” is ready for download:
https://www.collective2.com/collective2-ninjtrader-bridge

Changes Log (filtered) - C2Bridge 1.0.101 Beta

New Features

C2B.007 - Grid: Sync State: new column added with icons.
C2B.082 - Grid: Sync Comment: Every C2 order has a comment (from C2 Response) that will help the traders to understand what has happened with order if the execution was OK or an error message occurs.
C2B.049 - Ribbon: License button: We added a new button to ribbon. If the user clicks on it, the system will check the logged in user account license status and will offer an action based on response.

Enhancements

C2B.052 - Grid: Reorganized Columns
C2B.054 - Alerts: new sounds when the C2 order was filled or rejected.
C2B.063 - Fonts: using Roboto Condensed - better view, more place.
C2B.020 - Ribbon: changed Support Links to C2 forum, support email
C2B.021 - Licensing: Disable execution: if the license check response is 0, the bridge execution is disabled and the grid become invisible.
C2B.047 - Licensing: Check License: when initializing the bridge, when changing account and on daily basis.
C2B.042 - Installation Path: / AppData for better future software update management
C2B.046 - Accounts form: new C2 Data Password link added to title

Resolved Issues

C2B.064 - NinjaTrader crash: if Data folder was deleted, the NT crashed.
C2B.065 - Initialization crash: After installation, when the 1st run occurs, the bridge crashed (random)
C2B.043 - Execution: Wrong Purpose: When Symbols changed, the StopLoss (ATM) order purpose was ToOpen instead of ToClose.
C2B.027 - Disconnected: If C2 connection was Disconnected, execution still worked
C2B.028 - Accounts: System Name, ID titles was wrong
C2B.056 - Accounts: System ID, name was read using the last saved XML data after Disconnection
C2B.074 - Accounts: Save my password stay checked, even if was unchecked.
C2B.081 - Accounts: Save Credentials: when account was changed, new credentials were not saved

And many more…

Please ask me anything, send feedbacks, request new features, report bugs. Help us to improve the Bridge based on your needs as well!

All my best

C2B only sends an order when the order on NT was filled, right?
So there is no support for limit orders right now ?

Yes, correct. We found many complicated sync situation with only Filled orders and we want to solve all execution problems before go forward.

The good news is, that the “Sync All Orders” feature (Alpha) is already integrated in C2B… I hope we can enable in the next few weeks for testing, so everybody can decide which type of Sync will use.

Thank you for patience!

… Waiting for your feedbacks and suggestions.

That is too bad Lorant. Using market orders to enter/exit will easily add 2-3 ticks to the overhead (when trading futures). I hope someday Ninjatrader will resolve this issue in their future upgrade. Appreciate your effort though!

I understand and completely agree with you.

As I know, NT8 will not support C2 Sync anymore, this was the main reason why we start to develop C2Bridge.

On the other hand the only way to send signals using NT7 (built-in sync feature) is to convert “only filled orders” to market. Please read their documentation: Collective2 section, “How does it work”:

• A single market order is submitted upon an order of any type (market, limit, stop or stop limit) has been reported as filled or part filled.
  • A single market order is submitted for the full order quantity amount (even if it was only part filled)"

http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpGuides/nt7/?connecting_to_collective2.htm

So, we decide to re-build the same workflow that offer NT and to solve many sync problems that already exist. When the Bridge will be ready to work stable with “Only Filled” orders, we will enable the “Full Sync” features as well.

There are hundreds of trade situations that we have to test before, create workflows for all of them, some are extremely complicated and hard to solve, like Reversing ATM Strategy with 3 SL, TP levels using a Limit and Market order combo to Exit/Entry the new Position and attach the Strategy after everything was filled, executed on both side (C2,NT)…

We will try to do our best, but it needs time!.. we are working only on C2B since 02/2015 and 95% is ready.

Thank you for your patience

Lorant

NQ futures does not work.

We used from “Collective2 Futures Symbols” list the wrong C2 symbol for mapping:

Thank you for feedback, the problem was solved. The next build102 will work correctly (available in max 2 weeks).

Lorant

A stop order on a long position was labeled as ‘Sell to Open’ and therefore failed.

Let me ckeck it and come back in few hours.

The Stop order was created using ChartTrader ATM or manually directly from chart?

DOM trading with ATM.

I’ve tried to reproduce the situation, but StopLimit always was “ToClose”, using DOM, a BuyLimit for entry (Flat Position on both side) and a predefined ATM Template (only a single StopLoss)

I see the attached picture, I understand the problem, we will investigate line by line the execution.

Task ID: C2B.092

Can you reproduce the situation, if it is possible? If yes, can you write step by step how did you reproduced? Would be very helpful.

Thank you for feedback !

Lorant

Sorry, I’ve made about 50 trades the last half hour, and wasn’t able to reproduce it.

No problem, this is a random bug, the “ugliest thing” for my developer :smile:

Any new feature that would be great to develop?

I am always happy to develop solution based on customer real requirements…

Thank you!

Lorant