UPDATE: C2Bridge for NinjaTrader 8

No, unfortunately not yet. This Update message is a very old one, but we will work on Stocks and Forex instruments sync in the next 2-3 weeks and we will release very soon, hopefully!

This is the most required feature now, so please be patient, I will update this topic as well.

Thank you!

Lorant

I am happy to announce the new C2Bridge v 3.0 for NinjaTrader 8 RC1 !

This version is capable now to sync:

• FUTURES
  • FOREX
  • STOCKS

You can download from here: https://collective2.com/using-ninjatrader-with-collective2

Important for everybody:

• You must upgrade your NinjaTrader8 to RC1 (version 8.0.0.13), otherwise you will not be able to use the bridge (NT guys made some code breaking changes)

Important for FX traders:

• NT Quantity 10,000 = C2 Qty 1 (C2 API rules)

So:

• If you place in NT: EURUSD QTY 8,000, the Bridge will ignore the signal.
  • If you place in NT: EURUSD QTY 13,000, the Bridge will send a EURUSD QTY: 1 to C2. (round down)
  • If you place in NT: EURUSD QTY 38,000, the Bridge will send a EURUSD QTY: 4 to C2. (round up)

We will continue to focus on our product quality, please send us a report, if you find any issues.

About new trial periods, please contact C2 Support directly at help@collective2.com!

All my best!

Lorant Vari

Some issues appeared on NT8 RC1 (8.0.0.13 patch1) side, sometimes the AddOns menu are hidden or the Addons windows are blank… so Bridge is facing similar problems now, since they released the latest version.
We are working with NT tech department to find the bug, please be patient, we will update the C2Bridge asap !

Thank you

Lorant

Good news!

The NinjaTrader8 RC1 bug is fixed. You can download the latest version from here:
http://ninjatrader.com/PlatformDirect

This version is 8.0.0.13 RC1 PATCH1. Please upgrade your NT in order to use our latest fixed Bridge properly.

You can download the latest C2Bridge version 3.0.1.0 from this link:
https://collective2.com/using-ninjatrader-with-collective2

Simply import to NT8, replace the old files during the process, restart NT and that’s it.

You can setup now your connection details and send Futures, Stocks or Forex signals for the same license price!

If any issue appears, please report to:
C2: help@collective2.com
AT: help@algotrader.ninja

Thank you!

We are testing our new NT8 C2Bridge Sync Engine, that is 5x faster than ever before…

Check this short video about speed, ATM Strategy partial fills, Reverse positions etc…

http://screencast.com/t/tcZcbxIDfUM

ETA: 2016.09.30

All my best

Lorant

The new version of C2Bridge (v3.1.3) is here!

If you already use it, please download the latest version and import to NT8!

You can download from this link:
https://collective2.com/using-ninjatrader-with-collective2

Restart NT8 and check your Log files:

Don’t forget, that C2Bridge is compatible with NT8 8.0.0.13 RC1…

If any issue appears, please report to:
C2: help@collective2.com
LV: lorant@collective2.com

Thank you!

1. Is it capable of syncing stocks this time?
  2. I installed c2bridge to test before… found that it was no good without stocks capability… Now I can not test new version because “licence expied” issue

Hi Yury,

1. Yes, the new version is capable to sync Futures, Stocks and Forex as well…Please bear in mind, the FX and Stocks sync is still under public beta testing, we are monitoring the part filled orders execution and the speed continuously …

2. Please write an email to help@collective.com and ask for a new trial period, I am sure they will help you! I will also inform them about your request.

If any question, problem appears, or you need a free skype consulting, drop me an email at lorant@collective2.com

Thank you!

Best Regards,

Lorant, Vari
Manager, Collective2 LLC
Consulting & Integration

M: +40 (752) 469 363
E: lorant@collective2.com
W: http://www.collective2.com
S: lorant_algotrader (skype ID)

Hey Yury,

Your trial period was re-activated!

Please check the bridge now and let me know if any questions or problems appears!

lorant@collective2.com

Thx

Fantastic! I got my first orders synced today.

UNFORTUNATELY it is not good enough yet. My limit orders were executed as market orders :frowning:

versus

Recent Signals

OCA	B/S	Quant	Symbol		Order type	Status
	BTO	10	SPY	SPDR S&P 500	at market	Filled: 214.31 at 10/19/16 11:48 ET
	STC	10	SPY	SPDR S&P 500	at market	Filled: 214.28 at 10/19/16 11:54 ET
	STO	10	SPY	SPDR S&P 500	at market	Filled: 214.28 at 10/19/16 11:54 ET
	BTC	10	SPY	SPDR S&P 500	at market	Filled: 214.47 at 10/19/16 12:54 ET
	BTO	10	SPY	SPDR S&P 500	at market	Filled: 214.47 at 10/19/16 12:54 ET

Hi Yury,

Yes, this is how Collective2 sync works using external trading platforms!

We use the same technology (with many added features, improvements) like NinjaTrader7.(How does it work: https://ninjatrader.com/support/helpGuides/nt7/?connecting_to_collective2.htm)

"A single market order is submitted when an order of any type (market, limit, stop or stop limit) has been reported as filled or part filled"

Our goal is to keep your C2 strategy and subscribers synced… and this is the most stable way to achieve this. Even with market orders, there are some situations when a signal provider can lose the “synced status.” Some examples:

• Your C2 Buying power is too low and the NT filled order is rejected on C2 side
  • You place, manage orders using C2 Web Entry or other 3rd party platforms
  • You start to sync when NT positions are different than C2 positions

So, we will try to develop the best and most secure connector, and cover almost all the known issues when a developer tries to use any external application… and later we can add more features and extend the functionalities step by step.

I am glad that you were able to place your first set of stock orders from NT8!

Today we will release the new version of Bridge, keep in touch!

Thank you.

Lorant

Good news!

As I mentioned a month ago, we are testing a new execution (sync) engine, that is much faster and stable than ever before…

I am happy to announce that the new version of C2Bridge (v3.2.0) is finally here!

In order to download the latest version and receive the latest news / support materials about C2Bridge, please subscribe to our special NinjaTrader8 strategy developers list:

Happy Ninja Trading!

Lorant Vari
Manager, Collective2 LLC
Consulting & Integration

E: lorant@collective2.com
W: http://www.collective2.com
S: lorant_algotrader (skype ID)

I would propose two enhancements though:

1. Global C2Bridge setting: “Close all positions EOD”
  2. Global C2Bridge setting: “Do not enter new position if offset greater then XX”

I can use C2Bridge in the current state primarily due to the #2) as my strategy is more on the scalping side and I operate small margins

Yury, thanks for your feedback! I really appreciate it and please do not stop sharing your ideas :slight_smile:

1. We are trying to stay away from any order management features. This is not the purpose of our Connector. But you can setup this “Close all positions EOD” on both NinjaTrader8 and C2 side as well.

NT8: https://ninjatrader.com/support/helpGuides/nt8/en-us/?auto_close_position.htm
C2: Go to Your Strategies menu / “your strategy” / Manage / Edit your strategy / scroll down…

1. We tried to optimize the speed as much as possible, without going into API “gray zone.” However, my personal opinion is that C2 is not for scalping due the multibroker and multiplatform sync technology.

Back to your request:

A) When a NinjaTrader order gets filled, a programming event happens and the Bridge will send through the exact order to your C2 strategy without first analyzing ANY data on C2 side (async) …

B. What if your filled NT order is rejected by the Bridge or C2 or anybody else? How do you keep synced both sides automatically? There is no way to do that… We try to eliminate all possible existing situations, when the system is not in sync, to help the trader focus only on signal generation, not on the technology issues…

I hope this makes sense.

Lorant

It all makes sense, however I would prefer to have a choice of what kind of orders to use for syncing. For example trailing stops would do much better job for entering into position then market orders.

Just think about it…

Yes, you are correct.

And the good news is, that you can use trailing stops or whatever you like on NinjaTrader side to entry or exit the market. You can place any number or limit or stop orders, attaching advanced ATM’s, or using different automated strategies to generate signals, manage the orders and positions. It is all up to you!

When ANY type of order gets filled, we will send a Buy or Sell signal based on your NT Executions.

In other words, we sync only the executions (Buy Entry, Sell Entry, Buy Exit, Sell Exit). We don’t care what was the order’s life before, how many times was modified, cancelled etc.

So, you can Trail your Stops or Limits to the best entry/exit price that you can archive on NT side.

Expl:

Step 1.

• ES (last): 2000
  • NT Action: Buy Stop Order at 2002 + ATM (StopLoss 8 ticks , ProfitTarget 16 ticks)

Step 2.

• ES (last): 1998
  • NT Action: Modify the Buy Stop Order Price to 2000

Step 3.

• ES (last): 1996
  • NT Action: Modify the Buy Stop Order Price to 1998

Step 4.

• ES (last): 1998
  • NT Action: BuyStop was filled (Entry Execution) at 1998.25 (SL: 1996.25, PT: 2002.25)
  • Bridge Action: “Buy To Open” Market order to C2.

Step 5.

• ES (last): 2002.25
  • NT Action: SellLimit was filled (Exit Execution) at 2002.25. NT Position is Flat.
  • Bridge Action: “Sell To Close” Market order to C2. C2 Position is Flat.

Sync Status: Completed.

As you see, we do not place any limitation to your entry or exist strategy, we simply keep the NT Position(s) synced. This is the Bridge only job.

Important!

The latest released version of Bridge (v3.2.0.2) is capable to sync only one NT Account/Strategy to only one C2 System at this time!

Don’t open many times the Bridge window, please! This is a small UI bug, will be fixed in the next update.

The good news is, that we are working to implement this powerful feature and try to release in the next weeks, please be patient until that!

Tip:

The only way to sync different NT strategies and C2 systems is to install NinjaTrader and Bridge to a second PC or VPS. The license is / C2 account, so you can use any number of copies and send signals to unlimited c2 strategies (if you listed them under the same c2 account)

Thank you for understanding!

Lorant

C2Bridge for NinjaTrader8: Getting Started video