What are the rules (if any) to close a thread?

I noticed today a short-lived thread, titled “Leaving C2 due to strategy scaling cap of 500%”

I think this is a valid discussion but it was closed.

Not too meany threads are closed.

Apologies (and please send me link) if this is a FAQ.

Does anyone have a work around for the 500% scale limit?

1 Like

Yes, open a second account on IB, pay a programmer $250 one time to copy signals from your C2 account to your second account at whatever multiple you want. Done.

1 Like

By “signal” I assume you mean “order”.

No need to have a second account (for now*)

You either don’t know IB API or have access to very cheap programmers…

(*) We should be careful about this discussion. C2 will close all loopholes working around their revenue stream. (Or as they put it: protecting our interest.)

Yes, I mean orders.

I have worked directly with the IB API myself. Someone with experience should only have to work on this for a few hours at the most. Maybe more if extra customization is required. If I decide to write it myself, perhaps I’ll release it on github as a free library.

As for C2, I don’t really care. I am letting my positions run their course and then will unsubscribe as I have not seen great performance anyway. This was just the last straw for me. They’re shooting themselves in the foot with this asinine policy. The smart thing to do would be to allow the strategy developer to set pricing tiers based on scale percentage, i.e. $100 / mo up to 500%, $200 / mo up to 1000%, $400 / mo thereafter, etc. That I could understand. To cap at 500% and suggest we subscribe to different strategies is naive, bad business, does not even accomplish its goal of limiting scale factors (due to above workaround), and is an insult to the subscriber.

1 Like