What is going on?

This is no disrespect to the strategy or it’s developer but I am rather confused that a strategy 8 days old, -1.3%, 50% win ratio, non TOS has already 6 sims and 1 sub.

Dint u notice the subscription fee?:wink:

Yes, subscription is zero, sims are FREE but hardly any track record, so what make’s people interested, just because it’s free ?

Cant think of any other reason. Unless he is bringing his own subscribers…

Yes. Because it is free, people just go in.
Silly, irresponsible, but it is way it goes.

Then no wonder when they see 100 % gain in 3 months, they rush in systems (most of them Martingale) and end in losses after few months.

Only question is how much money do they have, so they can afford all those mistakes?

They could still just be subscribing without autotrading out of curiousity. That still doesn’t explain why people get interested in such young strategies, but often times people will subscribe but not AutoTrade free strategies. Also, new subs often get young strategies to give them coupons. I guess my point is that we don’t know how much they are actually risking.

1 Like

I often subscribe to free strategies and just paper trade them. No money at risk. I do this when I am curious about a system since I find the simulation here pretty useless for my purposes. And since I only trade manually, I like to make sure that darn bell on the dashboard is still working,. There have been many months that it didn’t.

Yes. Subs will subscribe for free like being offered a coupon but my more seamless as the subs won’t even need to put in the coupon code.

There is no autotrading data so whoever subscribed did not set it on autotrade.

I admit I also subscribe to free strategies or simulate non-free ones, again without trading them, when their developers brag about themselves on the forum, just for entertainment value.

I don’t get that part either - subscription fees vs. risking my own money to trade it.
Let’s see - if a strategy sucks and I loose 5k but I got the subscription for free doesn’t want to make me jump in with both feet.

If I don’t want to trade something - why subscribe - I’ve a hard enough time staying on top of my trades - i’m not sure how people operate that evaluate 10 systems at a time - for me this does not work at all

It’s nice sometime to get free trial. Just to see the trades and timing of the entry. Definitely won’t autotrade or throw money at it just because is free

1 Like

Precisely my thoughts, SelfQuant. In this world you don’t get free lunch !