Where to find the unrealized loss

Hi,
I am wondering where to find the unrealized loss (or profit) of a strategy before subscribing. Is it available ?

Thanks

Equity curve shows real time profits and losses. Open positions are hidden from non-subscribers.

Thanks for the reply.
I don’t open positions are only for the subscribers.
Is it possible to derive the unrealized profit/loss as a single figure (in total) from the information available for non-subscribers ?

Thanks

No, it is not possible.

You can figure it out (roughly) from the equity curve, list of closed trades, and Num Trades figure above the chart. Example:

Don’t want to pick on anybody, but in this example the vendor started with $50,000, made 11 trades in all, closed one trade for -$285, and has 10 open trades that are collectively showing a further loss of approx $588 ($50,000 - 285 - 588 = $49127 (current equity).

1 Like

Well that’s weird … since I posted this, C2 revealed another closed trade in the record - a $50 profit trading XOM. So that makes the unrealized profit/loss for this example a negative $638. Anyway, you get the idea.

Thank you very much Mark, Yes I got the idea. I have two points to clarify further.

1. If the strategy has been around for several years, in order to calculate the Profit/loss of the close trades, I must add all of them right ? I believe that number doesn’t available right away.

2. Where did you find the initial amount, in this case 50K ? Is it shown on the Strategy page ?

Thanks again .

If you place your cursor at the far left of the equity graph, at the first data point at 9:30 am, it shows the equity value at the commencement of trading was $49,845, which would represent $50,000 starting capital minus commissions/fees of his initial trades. So it looks like he chose $50,000 to start with. And yes, for systems that have been running for a long time, you have to add up the profit/loss of the closed trades by downloading the CSV. This number is not shown in the Statistics.