About account id and person Id

Hi
I am trying to test the auto trade api to make an order: Account=PAPER137441033&PersonId=137441033&StrategyId=’

Do you know how can I find the account id and personId? Do I need to link the strategy to a real broker account to have the ids?

Thanks!

Hi, WeiCheng:

Can you clarify what you are trying to do, exactly? When you write you are “trying to test the auto trade api” what does that mean? (The reason I am confused is that we do not currently have any sort of API access to control autotrading. We do, in contrast, allow strategy managers to post their new signals for their strategies, which will be sent into their “Model Accounts”… and which then can be used by subscribers to allow those subscribers to AutoTrade.)

So please clarify your exact desire, and I will try to help you.

Matthew

Hei Matthew,
Thanks for replying. Yeah you are right. It seems I misunderstood the description and the api I should use is NewStrategyOrder Http Post in section Strategies which no account or person id needed. Basically what I am trying to do is send Buy or Sell signals under specific strategy. Is that the correct API?

Thanks!

Yes, you got it.

Good luck.

So is there a way to check the status of the Order by SignalId? I want to send Limit order and if it’s not filled then make Market order.

Hi Cheng,

Here is an endpoint you can use: GetStrategyHistoricalOrders

If you specify a signalid, you’ll get a response with the status of the signal. e.g. /Strategies/GetStrategyHistoricalOrders?SignalId=145203727

See API docs at C2 API – Collective2

Thanks for the reply. :slight_smile: Will take a look