Any good systems left?

All the systems that did well last year are all gone, most have failed. I don’t think successful traders have time to be on C2 , when they are trading their own account.

I still have nightmares thinking about the blow up with MCprotrader, you guys when remember that one, lost everything over night.

I remember that one… The ones left are those that return less than 50% annually most likely. (with a few exceptions)

It’s a bargain.

I wish I had followed this strategy for the past 6 months…

I’ve never traded forex, but in a ~$20k account, MWTech sometimes has 20-30-40 contracts held (see 11-14 entries, for example). Isn’t that a lot of leverage?

20x leverage is … Just use imagination, 1% currency movement against your position will end up 20% loss. And I’m not talking about flash crashes (read link https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-markets-currencies-study/a-flash-crash-in-fx-markets-occurs-once-every-two-weeks-pragma-idUKKBN1E11FX).

The problem with most developers and subscribers is zero knowledge/imagination about risk.

5 Likes

You have the option to follow it for next 6 months :rofl:

You may want to study how MWTech trades before drawing the conclusion, subscribers can scale down and set stop loss limits to control risks. If you found another strategy out there showing the same stats (Sharpe Ratio: 4.5, DD <20%, 70% winning rate, 122% returns since this July) please share to the audience, I believe the intent of this chat was to share point of views of good systems that are left after a bad year for trading.

Dare I shamefully add fiveHedged strategy to the discussion - near fully hedged, five-stock portfolio, surviving current downturn (quite well I might add!)…
Goal = gradual growth, deep-value stocks, max 2x leverage, and did I say hedged?

Statistically a larger number of strategies will fail versus successful strategies. In the longer term, only conservative strategies have the highest chance of survival.

Strategies that over leverage can make huge quick profits but will fail in the longer term when market conditions change unless there is some kind of edge. Also, many of the strategies in C2 tend to average down and even double down which require real expertise and a hard stop which most don’t seem to have.

The fact that current market conditions are volatile will only expedite the losses. Under one directional markets many strategies can thrive and even look amazing.

5 Likes

I wanted to subscribe to the strategy “Daytrading Income”
(not making any recommendation here)

https://collective2.com/profile/120470973

It looked very promising, but when you click on the strategy link, the “system is not available” anymore.

https://collective2.com/details/120471017

Anyone knows what happened?

It means the system went bust.

It appears he capped the number of subs. He sent a message out on December 12th to those who attempted to join the previous evening:

You received a message on Collective2 from DayTradingIncome.

Sent: 2018-12-12 09:06:34 ET

Good morning. At the moment, I am not taking new clients. Thank you for your interest. At this time, I will remove all the accounts that joined overnight. If you are interested, please check in periodically to see if anything has changed.

Here (Collective 2) I have 2 systems for the forex market and currency futures CME Group:

1. My system “PFSignal com” (forex - GBPUSD, EURUSD, AUDUSD, USDJPY, USDCAD, USDCHF)
  1. My system “Myfxmap com” (currency futures CME Group - @AD, @CD, @EU, @BP, @ JY, @SF)

Michael

TT40:

I think you need to explain out what you mean by “Good”.
Do you mean performance only, performance relative to S&P, performance relative to risk, low DD, good money management… Maybe all together…

Define what looks important to you and then can be professionally addressed to the question …

Of course, always, in the end, investment is a subjective matter :slight_smile:

1 Like

What I mean is consistent gains with proper money management, and a track record of over a year.

Actually, it was doing very well…
but it was less than 2 months old, so way too early to subscribe and follow with real money.

Thanks for the information.
That’s very unfortunate for those C2-members who were only simulating & testing this strategy.
Usually I wait a few months before I subscribe, just because most strategies do fail within the first few months.
Is it still trading right now?

Yep, that’s what we are all looking for… the holy grail of investments. :wink:

1 Like

Hope I can answer you in 8 months :slight_smile:

[]