Any way to avoid BTO STC etc. and just use BUY and SELL

I’m working on automating signals via URLs. It drives me nuts that I can’t just say SELL 5. For example if I was long 2 and I said STO 5 it would throw up an error. Arrghh!

In fact in 13 years of trading throughout Europe and Asia in all major asset classes the only place I’ve ever heard of BTC STC etc is here at C2. I am told its an old American concept.

Either way it has no meaning in todays world where people use multiple executing and prime brokers.

1 Like

I agree, C2 can’t handle when you are in position with X units and want to reverse the trade by Y units where Y>X.

I agree. Needs addressing

Sorry guys, this will not change, at least not at the core functionality of the site.*

We require “to open” and “to close” attached to all orders because C2 isn’t like a regular brokerage account. On C2, you have people following you. They may join you, or un-join you, at various moments in time. Thus for everyone’s safety, it is vital that orders have a “to open” or “to close” parameter attached to them, so that when people join or un-join, their trades are placed in the right directions.

• “at least not at the core functionality of the site” - What I mean is: C2’s inner trading engine requires to-open and to-close parameters, but it’s possible to image a future trade-entry screen that hides that inner complexity from you. But truthfully this isn’t a first-order priority.
1 Like

Ok, makes sense.

So, if someone joins as an autotrader mid trade, will C2 enter a position automatically at the market price??