Autotrade

Brand new to the site, so forgive me if this is a duplicate question:

I’m trying to set up an autotrade account and since I won’t need any fancy charting or options, I’m just trying to get the cheapest trades. It appears to me that just2trade is competent and at $2.50/trade, very inexpensive. Does anyone know if it can be autotraded or have another low cost broker that can?

I’ve looked for a list, but can only find the few that C2 has given. Perhaps these gen 2 and gen 3 are the only ones. Bottom line: what is the lowest cost broker that can be autotraded without running a full time program from my computer?

Here are the ones that C2 lists

FXCM

OptionsXPress

Open E Cry

Gain Capital

IFX

thanks for your help. MK

First, it depends on what u r trading - forex, stocks, futures? That will cut the list quickly

Second, cheapest commission is several items down the list. For forex, their spread is more important. Their interface, their support and other things are more important.

If you go to the elitetrader.com - broker reviews site, you MAY get some reviews on these.

Index,

Thank you very much for your reply. I am trading in an IRA, so I’m limited to what I can trade. At this point, I’m only trading stocks, but I need to find out what else I can trade with this account. I know I can’t short stocks, so I’ve had to play etf’s if I wanted to short.

Thanks again for your help.

If stocks only, then that eliminates several of the brokers…