The opinions expressed in these forums do not represent those of C2, and any discussion of profit/loss is not indicative of future performance or success. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading. You should therefore carefully consider whether such trading is suitable for you in light of your financial condition. You should read, understand, and consider the Risk Disclosure Statement that is provided by your broker before you consider trading. Most people who trade lose money.

Blog post was interesting

Matthews newest blog post was interesting to me.

I frequently check in and look at a few strategies that I am simulating. I wondered how things were going during this crash. I wondered if using C2 was better than blindly following my typical financial products salesman (“Advisor”) who keeps sending me emails begging me to hang in there, etc etc.

Although I don’t understand why C2’s customer acquisition cost could be so high. I don’t recall seeing any super bowl advertising and the blog has been very quiet.

2 Likes

I totally wonder why customer acquisition cost is that high too. On another note, although Matthew’s post was an interesting read on their C2 star programme and risk-averse strategies’ merits, with all due respect I’d also love to read an investigation report some day by C2 folks on risk-taker strategies who were able to survive and even able to make money in these wildest turbulence market conditions which haven’t seen since 2008.

1 Like

I guess we are not being wined and dined to become a client. Lol

You can use c2 data explorer yourself to see which systems are doing well and making the right trades at the right times. Unfortunately I don’t find many doing the correct thing at the correct time, which correlated to the blog post that revealed the system makers complaining that the CStar requirements are impossible.

It’s a combo of “anyone can create a system”, and “anyone can throw their money into a black box and hope for the best”.

Oh and today I read:
Renaissance Technologies’s quantitative equity hedge fund is down 24% so far this year after posting a steep loss in the first three weeks of the month.

They can’t turn on a dime to flip large positions, but a system on c2 could if programmed correctly. That is what I wanted to read in a blog post, to give me hope.

1 Like
Back to C2 Platform