C2 best strategies (in my opinion)

I had the same question about the high win ratio. Well, I can say with the current subscription I have to SQQQ TQQQ Trader, the high win ratio is confirmed by my account:).

I’d like to highlight some good IMO forex strategies. Why? Because C2 needs good strategies to thrive…

When you analyze ForexLeaf you will see that all the big gains where made before 4/17 when the system was trading futures, since then the gains have been moderate, so it should not be grouped with the best forex systems on C2, at least not at this time.

In addition, you left out some of the best forex systems currently on C2: Currency VIX and Trading FX, the only two of the better forex systems which are TOS. Trading FX is the successor of one of the best forex strategies on C2 ever, however, there is uncertainty how much longer it will stay because of disenchantment of how C2 “has treated him”. This would not be the first time that a super profitable forex system (albeit with intermittent large draw downs) has left C2 for greener pastures.

I’m happy to list currency VIX and trading FX here - capitalism is all about choices:

Yes, majority of gains in forexleaf were made during equity future days, however, he’s still up about 10% in less than 2 months with minimal drawdowns, that’s no measly feat. The fact that he’s done it in both forex and equity futures, my hats off to him.

There are current and past subscribers of my system and forgot about it. -)

There is a TOS badge. My system here ranks first among all TOS on C2.

Michael

Using the equity graph of ForexLeaf’s System Page, the gain since 4/17 to 6/12 is 5.9%, not 10%.

And MAP, I’d like to add this one of yours to the list - a forex futures account one can trade on IB in US -

2 Likes

Yes, right! Currency futures CME at Interest Brokers. A forex Oanda US. This is for US residents such options.

Good news for people who are interested in the system “Trading FX”. The system developer has sent out a message to his subscribers telling them that they will receive a discount if they write a review or post about the system on the forum - so apparently he is not thinking about leaving C2 any time soon.

Thanks, MarekJ, for including Bitcoin Related in your list of the 8 best strategies at C2 (based on your screens).

C2 best strategies (in my opinion)

Bitcoin Related also had the highest annual return on your list.

A few weeks ago, I lowered my subscription price to $19 a month. In addition, I just created a coupon for $5 for the first month’s subscription:

COUPON ($5 FOR ONE MONTH)

[REMOVED from this post after 6 weeks]

Among strategies over 500 days old, Bitcoin Related is the second best performing strategy at C2, with an annual return of 153.8% and a max DD of 18.3%.

(By the way, the best performing strategy over 500 days old is also one of mine, but with a mediocre recent performance.)

Further, Bitcoin Related’s max DD of 18.3% was experienced on my first day of trading Bitcoin Related, a crazy day in Dec. 2017 during which Bitcoin reached its all-time peak and then reversed substantially.

Minimum Investment: Though Bitcoin Related has made money on Bitcoin going up and going down, it is easier for small investors to play the positive side, which I am currently playing with the ETF GBTC. In June, GBTC went from $10.64 when I bought it on June 3 to over $17.00 when I sold it a few hours ago. I then reopened a position in GBTC when it dropped a bit. I would think that a minimum investment size for an account to play the long side would be about $10,000, not $90,000 as C2 suggests.

Further, the strategy should work fine if you are not Autotrading. Some brokers do not take market orders for GBTC, only limit orders, so doing manual trading is certainly feasible for most traders here.

Despite the extremely volatile Bitcoin market, I have generally kept enough powder dry to avoid big drawdowns so far, having only one bad month (-9.2%) with more than a 2.3% loss.

In 2017, Bitcoin Related was up 112%; in 2018, it was up 44%, and in 2019, so far it is up 35% – all with a maximum DD of 18.3%.

Good luck.

Thank you, great idea, BTC related trading, lots of volatility, what one needs to make money…

Strategies are sorted by 90 days P/L. Tasty Plays is back in the grid (annual P/L > 20%). Besides that, no changes. If you did implement portfolio with dollar equal weight allocation, you have made money in June (look ‘Last 30 Days’ P/L column).

I did notice that COM etc (https://collective2.com/details/123458321) got C2 Star after 60 days of existence.

What id C2 Star? Is the strategy recommendation to a customer or just reward to the developer being in the program?

1 Like

Looks like it @MarekJ…another flatlining strategy that doesn’t make any money for subs. Since its first sub on June 6th there hasn’t been any real noticeable profits. Trade leaders start trading to keep their income rather than trying to make profits for their subs is my guess.

Well, I think Optimal Futures should be mentioned here as well

Same trader, similar strategy, lower account value - https://collective2.com/details/123911439

Optimal Futures wasn’t in the list because it hasn’t been running long enough to meet MarekJ’s screen criteria.

Further, Optimal Futures has both of the characteristics that have predicted collapse or major problems for strategies in the past: a very high win rate (98.7%) and a very low ratio of average $$ win to average $$ loss.

On the other hand, Optimal Futures has continued to make money even after acquiring subscribers, which is a good sign.

Good luck trading!

Right, if you’re talking about a futures strategy, and you try to set your AutoTrade Scaling to 5%, then 5% of one contract is 0.05 contracts, which doesn’t exist… and so you wouldn’t take the trade.

Generally, you’ll want to trade futures strategies at a round 100%-scaling increment (e.g. 100%, 200%, 300%, etc).

However, for strategies that do not “leg into” or “leg out of” trades (that is, those that just enter a position, and then close it, without increasing or decreasing the position quantity while it is open) then you can trade only 1 contract by setting 100% scaling with a “max quantity” of 1 contract.

Hope this helps.

MK

1 Like