C2 failed to execute during last 5 minutes

Hi Matthew,

In two of the systems I trade orders during the last 5 minutes were not executed.

Were the servers overwhelmed?

Karl

No, they were not.

Without knowing the particulars of what you are talking about – which of your several broker accounts, whether you are talking about TradeBullet/Gen 1 trading, or Gen3 trading, which trading system, etc. – it will be hard for me to provide much help.

Please send me an email containing the specifics of what you would like me to investigate.

I have sent you an email concurrent with my previous posting.

By the way, in both cases the positions in question are still shown as open on the two respective C2 systems sites even though in both cases the vendors had issued close out orders within the last 5 minutes of market close.

So it cannot be the fault of any auto trading software.

Karl

C2 has been horrible today. Lots of disconnects and in TradeBullet, the Collective2 status light turns red.

Note the times below are central time. From the TB log:

2011-04-26 10:10:10:117 (2011-04-26 15:10 UTC) (Connection) Collective2 Logout response error: The operation has timed-out… Trying again…

2011-04-26 14:31:03:185 (2011-04-26 19:31 UTC) (Connection) Collective2 Logout response error: The operation has timed-out… Trying again…

2011-04-26 14:37:44:144 (2011-04-26 19:37 UTC) (Connection) Collective2 Logout response error: The operation has timed-out… Trying again…

2011-04-26 17:25:22:444 (2011-04-26 22:25 UTC) (Connection) Collective2 Logout response error: The operation has timed-out… Trying again…

2011-04-26 17:28:36:173 (2011-04-26 22:28 UTC) (Connection) Collective2 Logout response error: The operation has timed-out… Trying again…

2011-04-26 17:51:52:424 (2011-04-26 22:51 UTC) (Connection) Collective2 Logout response error: The operation has timed-out… Trying again…

I am investigating what happened. Thanks for letting me know.

I want to also point out there is sometimes a big lag/delay in C2 for autotraders. I have both TradeBullet running on my PC along with the web-based "ITM". Here is what happens:

1. ITM rings the alert "gong".

2. Nothing happens in TradeBullet for an entire minute.

3. Then orders gets submitted.

This is not a problem with my PC or Internet connection. It has only started recently. The first time I saw this was April 15. I have been autotrading since February.

Hi, Alex:

Let me ask you to raise this issue directly with TradeBullet Support. It would be especially helpful if you could provide specific examples of any delays you see when email support@tradebullet.com. Now, I am not saying necessarily that C2 is not responsible for the delays, but to really diagnose the root cause of the problem, Francis at TradeBullet needs to study your TradeBullet log files to determine where the problem is.

Hi Matthew,

Did you find out what cause the failure of C2 to execute the 2 exit trades as I reported yesterday?

I don’t want to bug you unnecessarily but it is important to get to the root of the problem and fix it since it has occurred in the past repeatedly.

Last time I reported it to you it concerned a system I don’t trade anymore. That was a day trading system that closed out all trades 5 minutes before closing. It often happened that C2 did not close out all trades. When I reported it you told me in an email that you will assign more bandwith to that system. Now, I am pretty much computer illiterate and have no idea how that is done or why was it necessary in the first place but after that there were less problems with that system.

It just would be nice to know what is being done to prevent this problem in the future.

Karl

I posted an answer to this a few hours ago, here:

http://www.collective2.com/cgi-perl/board.mpl?want=listmsgs&boardid=9323885&threadhilite=9876

Sorry. I should have read all the posts of today first.

Karl