C2 Hacking

I would just like say I agree with others that PayPal is a good way to go and should be made available as an option to C2 clients. PayPal works well and in my opinion would be much less likely of being hacked. Not that I know much about it but if C2 used PayPal it would only make sense that hacking would be less of an issue at C2.

You are right. In addition to the usual steps of:

1. EMAIL ID

2.PASSWORD

PayPal has now built two additional steps (optional but adds more layers of safety):

3. AN ELECTRONIC KEY that issues a different 6 digit pin that remains valid only for less than one minute or so AND KEEPS ON CHANGING ON YOUR END. (costs a one time 5 dollars or so for shipping and handling and the generator is small enough for your keychain.)

4. VIRTUAL CREDIT CARD - which is initiated from your browser plug-in but issues TEMPORARY one-time credit card numbers FROM PayPal SERVERS valid for that one particular transaction only and keeps on changing.

So it is worth a try for people who have the patience to spend two more minutes with the payment procedure.

Yes, they may be theoretically hackable as no system is 100% failsafe but I am yet to find another payment processor who has built 4 safety layers for their account holders.

Matthew - could you reply to the several people who now and in the past have requested a 3rd party payment processor, more secure such as PayPal (Moneybookers, etc.)?

Is it because it costs C2 something? More than its reputation such as this last event?

These posts keep getting the silent treatment. This is the primary cause of the hack in the first place. Seems like it deserves not getting ignored by C2.

This alone has caused me hesitation from subscribing or actively seeking to promote a system

Looks like the site owner removed my post directly requesting why PayPal cannot be used for CC payments. THAT is C2’s response?

Can the site owner please response to these requests for 3rd party outsourcing of credit cards?

This site has been totally silent on a very reasonable request. This is why the site was hacked.

I’m not sure C2 can still have an affiliate program if not processing CCs on its own site. PayPal may not allow that.

There is another payment processor that also has several safety layers:

PayDotCom is a new online marketplace and will catalog

thousands of products and services, both digital and physical

products.

Advantages of PayDotCom are:

Purchases pay instantly to your PayPal or StormPay

Sell physical products and Digital Goods

Collect Subscriptions for your service or membership sites

Get Your Commissions Paid Instantly

No Pre Approval

Stats Tracking

Promotional tools for your affiliates

Create a new product line in 60 seconds.

https://paydotcom.com/

Something C2 may look into…

Thought C2 already made this option available to clients. I only trust two sites with my CC info…PP is one of them.

[LINKSYSTEM_38885500]