C2 info looks weird on this one

not sure what is going on here… looking at the attached on Max ES Futures, c2 says huge DD at over 40%.
when I download the trades and look there is nothing close as bad as that… what am I missing here?!

also, the data show the trader trading in less than whole numbers… like 2.8 contracts?? say what? that is not possible

MaxES Alpha is suffering from re-scaling. That is how you get weird amounts of contracts. That’s OK in theory but re-scaling often messes up the statistics, too.

John, did you miss this trade/loss of $8000?

5/4/18 10:10 @ESM8 E-MINI S&P 500 SHORT 27.6 2692.98 5/22 23:21 2698.65 71.78% ($8,051)

John, if I were you, I will never put this strategy as my consideration and wasting my time to analyze. This type of strategy will make you broke. Please look at his average loss and average Win. His average loss of money is approximately 10X from his average win, meaning, 1 mistake can wipe all your winners.

His strategy is also huge leverage. Furthermore, he started from small amount of money to get attention from small investors to subscrib his strategy, you can see from 1st month, he accomplished with high return.

You can do research, how many strategy in C2 with high return in very short time ( less than 6 months) can survive until now.

Non TOS strategy always make wonderful return, high leverage and make real account become broke.

3 Likes

Seems to be more and more of these get rich quick strategies out there now trying to sucker subs!

@JohnDesey why are you so obsessed with high win rates? Haven’t you seen by now they always blow up? It seems like every system you show us is a ticking time bomb. He’s already had a 50% drawdown in the first couple months. Just a matter of time.

Besides the good trades this guy has made - I say “good” because they are mostly legit, he swing traded with max leverage and won - he has a ton of BS scalps that probably couldn’t happen except on the C2 platform. Definitely not with real money.

1 Like

well… what do you reccomend? I find those with low success rates? my biggest concerns BY FAR is draw downs and Martingale activity and developer responsiveness. This Developer has failed to answer any of my messages dating back over 8 days ago, and the drawdown is too much… so he is off my list

let’s try this… I want to find a strategy for Futures I can put on auto trade and let it run… what are your reccomendations?

I recommend not looking solely at win rate %. I don’t like to offer suggestions because I don’t like advertising for people’s funds and don’t want people to blame ME when someone else’s strategy goes wrong. I will give you some examples below of futures strats that are doing fine that don’t need high win rates:

-No TOS, a win rate of 35%. His wins are 6x what his losses are. Much more sustainable than these 95% win rate charlatans.

-TOS, only trades 1 contract. 50% win rate. Wins are 2x his losses.

-No TOS, this guy also trades only 1 contract, and has win rate >90% (rare), losses 5x his wins (yuck), BUT he seems now to have well defined risk metrics and does not lever his strategy up (he allows you to if you like)

Again, I am not invested in these strategies. But these seem to be more sustainable than these high-flying systems with a high win % rate that will inevitably crash and burn. Keep the profit factor high and the age of the system over 6 months in my opinion.

2 Likes

Now that you mention it @DogZebra_Investing, “NQ El Dorado” strategy has been under my radar for some time, I’ve been simulating it and I’m tempted to start running it with real money. I’m a bit worried about liquidity (I’d run it 50-100% scaled).

Are there some issue that would worry you about that strategy? As well as JohnDesey, I like to put my strategies in autotrade and almost forget them. Do you think that it is possible with this one or are you seeing some possible warning?.

1 Like