C2 ITM audio alert

Hi Matt,

Sorry for bothering you again.

When I trade “Emini Express” signals I have to relay on the messages shown on C2 ITM. As pretty frequently the so called out of sync problems occur with the “Emini Express” generated

trading orders, I have to manually make adjustment to get the trading going. Therefore, I have to know when an order on the developer’s broker side got filled. The ITM alert sound is a big help, but it does not

make any alert sound when an open or limit order got filled.

I think I might did not setup the thing properly. Could you please check if C2 ITM can produce alert sounds when an order got filled, if not can you push to add this function to C2 ITM? Or according to your experiences, what is the better solution for my situation.

I also noticed there was no filled order infomation in the C2 email alert send to my Gmail address. If there were such kind of Filled Order messages once a limit order got filled, I can pull the information from my Gmail and make the audio alert work at Gmail. Matt, can you add the filled limit order info to your outgoing e-mail alert as individual independent email alert? If you can do it, that will be a great help for me. Or there is a way to get the filled order info directly from C2 ITM?

My appreciation to your valuable help!

Lyan

Hi, Lyan:

Instant Trade Messenger (ITM) was designed so that a fill will trigger an audio alert. If you are reporting that you hear audio alerts for new signals, but not for fills, then that is a bug that needs to be fixed. I’ll add that to the bug database, so that it can be scheduled to be fixed as soon as possible.

Dear Matt,

Thanks for your timely reply.

Another thing I want to mention is the sound level of the C2 ITM alert is very low and soft, even there was an alert coming in, I can barely hear it.

Maybe I did not get the set up right, or you can tell me where to control

C2 ITM alert sound level and tune, I prefer a louder and distinctive sound.

I alreayd setup my email alert sound to the highest level, it works fine. It seems that my PC can not control C2 ITM sound and change its tune. If C2 can make adjustments on these two issues, that will be perfect for me to use C2 to conduct my tradings.

Thanks,

Lyan

This is a browser-specific setting, and so not anything C2 can control. Try to adjust your PC’s volume, or, if appropriate, your browser’s application-specific volume.

Hi Matt,

Thank you for you last mail. I found the place to change the alert tune, now is much better. However, the C2 ITM alert functions pretty randomly,

i.e. this time there was a sound, next two times when text messsages came in, there were no alert sound at all. Of cause as I mentioned before, when the "Order filled "messages come in, no alert sound ever generated.

I know the ITM is on your website, is there any way to let the ITM send to my email address or some places, then I can hook up a Physical Instant Message Notifier on my laptop USB port, let that device make the sound. I think this might be a feasible solution, or you and your collegues have better ones?

Looking forward to hearing your opinion on this issue.

Thanks,

Lyan

You wrote:

I know the ITM is on your website, is there any way to let the ITM send to my email address or some places, then I can hook up a Physical Instant Message Notifier…

Why not just do this with the signal emails that C2 automatically sends?

Matt,

The reason is very simple: as I mentioned in the old mails send to you there were absolutely no "Order Filled " emails send out from C2. If C2 can add the "Order Filled " emails to its outgoing mails that will make everything easier. I’m wondering how soon C2 can take the actions, e.g.

[1] fix the ITM alert sound problems;

[2] add "Order Filled " emails to C2 outgoing mails;

[3] add second readings to all signal time stemps.

Thanks,

Lyan

I understand. I’ll add these requests to the feature request database and make sure you are kept alerted as development happens.

Thank you Matt!

I believe if your code developers add the “Filled Order” signals

as independent outgoing emails, i.e. not mixed with other limit order signals from C2 systems, my problems are solved, I won’t come back

on these issues to bother you further.

Appreciate your patience and looking forward to these improvements to become reality.

Lyan

"as I mentioned in the old mails send to you there were absolutely no "Order Filled " emails send out from C2."

I do not know if this applies to you, but under "Edit My Account" (old C2 site) there are the following selections, maybe you should see if any of yours are checked/not checked?

What kind of signal emails will you receive?

(By default, we send an email anytime a new trading signal is recommended by a system that you subscribe to. We may also let you know about cancellations and fills. You can choose to restrict the types of email you receive.)

Do not send new trade recommendations

Do not send cancellation notices

Do not send fill notifications

Matt,

I got it, thanks. I’ll check the settings there to see what happens, and report back to you.

Lyan