New Instant Trade Messenger (ITM) Features

You asked for it; you got it. I’ve upgraded the ITM software. In the new version, the screen is drawn faster, and also - more important - the new signal alert sound will continue to repeat until you acknowledge it.

Typically, there are unexpected “features” when new software is released, so please let me know if you discover any that are unexpected or unpleasant.

MK

Anybody else having ITM problems today (8/25)? I see no recent trade data for two systems (Bris, Aggressive … neither have recommendations for a while but normally the most recent trades are shown anyway). Also, I am getting lots of 404 errors requiring a reload, or server errors las below which require logging back into C2 and reopening the ITM window.

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, mlk@matthewklein.org and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

With the new ITM software, the window will only display new orders (and won’t display orders older than a day or so). So if your system has no new trading activity, the window will remain blank until a new trade is posted.

Because I found a few bugs in the ITM, I had to take the software up and down a few times this morning – thus the errors you saw. But as of now (10:17 EST) things should be bahaving ok. Let me know if you are still experiencing problems. - MK

Thanks Matthew,

The new ITM is great. I loved hearing that continuous alarm today. Now I don’t have to be glued to the monitor all day, just near by.

And you did it in les than 2 weeks from the time is was requested.

Great Job.

Bill

Tis’ true. Much thanks, Matthew.

Dear Matthew,

something wrong with ITM sound.

Today and in Friday I missed some signals.

Gary

I just started to subscribe to Collective2 and the Instant Trade Messenger is a nice feature. I’ve tried using it on two different computers. On the first computer, the click sound works every 20 seconds and a bell sounds for any trade alerts. When I try it on the second computer, I only get the click sound every 20 seconds but not the bell sound for any trade alerts. Is there something that I have set wrong on the second computer that prevents me from getting the bell sound?

Could you tell me please the exact browser software you are using (e.g. Internet Explorer? Netscape?) and the version numbers. Please specify which browser/version is on which computer (i.e. computer with working bell, or computer with non-working bell).

You can find your version number by goijng to the browser’s menu bar, looking at “Help” and then "About."

Thanks.

Matthew

Both computers are running Internet Explorer, Version: 6.0.2900.2180.xpsp_sp2_gdr.050301-1519, update versions SP2

They are also both running Windows XP Home Edition Version 2002, Service Pack 2

The computer with the working bell is a desktop and the one with the non working bell is a laptop both connected to the same router. The desktop is hardwired to the network and the laptop is on a wirless connection. It’s puzzling that the 20 second click works on both but the bell only works with the desktop.

Wait. Are you running both simultaneously? That might explain why one gets a “new order alert” while the other does not. (It’s not new to the computer that’s second in the queue.)

Yes. that’s correct, I was running both at the same time. I thought of the same thing earlier and turned Messenger off on the desktop. I haven’t had a signal again yet but I’ll let you know if it works now for the laptop when it’s running by itself.

This is a test message. It will be deleted shortly, after I am done testing new system features. - MK