C2 strategies a bust?

So i’ve been on C2 for well over a year now and have tried numerous strategies from trading MNQ/NQ futures to trading options, to recently trading MCL’s oil futures but like all of them, none of the “top” strategies have worked out for more than a few weeks. Is anyone part of a strategy regardless of what they trade that they’re happy with? and something you’ve traded more than a month or two that actually is worth it long term?

I know there’s no guarantees with trading of course but seeing if there were any strategies that worked out for anyone? I pretty much gave up since i’ve only lost money on here so don’t want to join another strategy unless its worth the risk.

IMHO the highest probability of success for most investors here is a buy and hold mix of index funds. However, if people are willing to take on more risk and shoot for higher returns there may be strategies here that make sense.

I have been trading my own strategy for over 4.5 years and have had an annualized return of about 30%. I have had a drawdown of about 54% which isn’t easy to go through. Despite this I am very happy with my own strategy. I know there are others that will complain it is too risky or that it is broken or that it just got lucky. Of course, my analysis and research leads me to a very different conclusion.

I’m of the opinion that getting 30% annualized is pretty amazing especially since I have been able to do it tax free in a Roth IRA, no borrowed funds, limited risk trades, and survived the covid crash. I’m still investing in it instead of buy and hold index funds. A period like we have had with one of the worst bond markets since the 70s isn’t the norm and is very hard on my strategy. Despite this it is still kicking and I believe good times will come again.

I don’t know what your expectations are but anyone trying to tell you they can get 20% plus annualized with drawdowns of 20% or less is most likely wrong or the next best investor of all time.

Good luck with wherever you go or what you decide to do.

I have roughly $460,000 of my own money following the strategy too with the vast majority inside Roth IRAs.

I don’t know what your expectations are but anyone trying to tell you they can get 20% plus annualized with drawdowns of 20% or less is most likely wrong or the next best investor of all time.

I was curious how many C2 systems met this criteria with a long (1,000 day) track record so I ran a query with the Grid. Only one system passed the test:

FYI, I have no affiliation with this system other than being a subscriber.

1 Like

Nice to see somebody doing it! That’s great. I have my doubts that going forward for the next 10 years etc. that any C2 strategy is going to succeed in keeping 20% annualized return and no more than 20% drawdown. It certainly could happen but I think the odds are extremely low. I think every now and then some strategy will do it for several years, but I think people have to either be willing to increase the drawdown or decrease the overall return.