C2 test systems to allow for public viewing

Suggestion for discussion. I have been working on some code over here for a stock day trading system. The work is coming along well, but not to a point that I would like to market a system to the public without a few additional enhancements to put in place.

I would however like the public to be able to view / sign up is fine, so that we can have some value discussion on the system.

BUT I want to erase the trades on an as needed basis as I add additional code into my system, I will want to erase on any given day.

Right now the way C2 works, I can either have a system which is publically viewable, but once I start the system, I can NOT erase the trades, thus I would have to kill the system, and launch another system, etc… Not good for me, to have a string of systems, when I am simply testing my work.

Or…

I can have a “test” system which is NOT publically viewable, and erase trades all I want all day long.

We have had this discussion before, but I would like to understand what would be wrong with having a system to allow for it to be “VIEWED” or for “FREE” to allow for the trades to be ERASED.

Basically, I am not wanting people to pay me anything, just simply wanting to show what I am working on to strike up some meaningful discussion, which I would hope would be a welcome addition to the C2 service / site.

Is there some reason why we can’t have a “test” system, to be able to ERASE trades as we work on a system, and NOT charge people, allow it to be FREE, or simply allow people to VIEW, but not sign up as the case may be?

How about it?

Post the code. I’d be able to speak to it.

Hmmm… Let me see if I understand you.

You want me to post my code? To the forums I assume.

The code that I have spent countless hours to develop, based upon over 7 years of my life doing real time trading, with over 1000+ day / swing trades / year for several years to gain an understanding of how to day / swing trade successfully in all market conditions the equities markets; tens if not hundreds of thousands of dollars in brokerage fees paid in order to gain real world understanding of how to trade the equities markets successfully. I have paid my dues to play this game.

Thanks for the offer, but I don’t think so.

In return, for my experience, I would like to help others succeed. But giving away my “black box” code is not likely going to help anyone. I think most experienced traders would agree. It’s not just the code / system that is important, but also, when and what to trade is as much if not as important as the system to trade.

I mean if you were really that serious about it, I don’t think you’d be messing around trying to give it for free in a forum just for a review. It also didn’t sound extensive either.

Backtest then? If it’s intraday we’ll just add a tick of slippage to each side.

If you can pull off this kind of arrangement with Matthew, I’d be more than willing to throw my 10 cents, no 5 cents, make that 2 cents in (value is descending with the S&P)…

I can offer my insights, and I tend to think a bit differently than the pack, which may explain why I have survived…

Yes, you’ve done quite well Kevin, I must admit …

And in regards to the question of “backtesting” … I am only interested in each days “uniqueness” … with live data.

Forward testing with certain stocks each day.

Thus back testing does me no good. I am basically taking my black box, and applying certain candidates each trading day.

Sounds good. I’d like to participate.