Reset System

Matthew,

Could you please completely reset my Test System whenever you get a chance? History, open positions, everything, as if it were brand new.

Maybe that should even be a feature for those of us developers who have paid to have systems on here: the ability to reset them if we want to.

Thank you,

David J. Kosmider, President

Eidoan Trading Strategies, Inc.

david@eidoantrading.com

www.eidoantrading.com

That way it will be easy to hide a bad system, by just erasing it and start over and no one will ever know. This will defeat the whole purpose of C2.

I do see a need for systems to be classified as test systems and others as available for subscription. Once a system is classified as a test system, then one will not be allowed to change it to a live system.

Regards

- Fanus

Hide a bad system? Don’t tell me every strategy you’ve ever come up with has been perfect from your first trade. This would just allow for erasing the history if you change your mind about how to trade a system. It still has to work well over time for anyone to notice it, much less subscribe. Also, I guess it should probably only be available to systems that don’t have any subscribers.

Thank you,

David J. Kosmider, President

Eidoan Trading Strategies, Inc.

david@eidoantrading.com

www.eidoantrading.com

If you have confidence in a system and have it tested thoroughly before you releasing it here, why would you change your mind on how to trade it? If you are changing your mind so drastically about the system that you feel you need to reset it, you should create a new system, but the old system should stay. That way potential subscribers can see you probably don’t have much confidence in the systems you release since you keep on changing them.

If someone is able to just reset a system, this will be very easy to come and swing for the fences for a month. If you are lucky, you can tripple your money in a month and attract several subscribers and make a quick buck until the system fall apart. Then you just reset it and start over again and keep on resetting it until you hit a lucky streak again. That way no one will ever be able to tell what you are doing.

By not allowing people to reset their systems, C2 raise the quality level of systems offered as people will make sure they feel they have a good system before releasing it on here.

The whole purpose of C2 is to attempt to prevent people from selling curve-fitted systems, or hiding their history. What you are asking is going against the very nature of the site.

Regards

- Fanus

David,

Personally, I suggest keep the old records, it does not affect anything, no model in perfect at the beginning, it takes time to innovate it to perfect.

The bad records only make people think you are serious on your system and keep on improve it.

Recently, I have post a system here, it is a revised version of my old system, it does not perform well compare with my old one, I believe in a week or two, it will better than my present one as I have revised some of the deficiencies in my old system.

Good trade,

Victor

If we change strategy, we need not reset the system but just specify when we change the strategy in the system description. Visitors can compare the new and old records and notice whether the new strategy can produce better result (e.g. more profit and or less risk).