Can I trade with a really small account to begin with?

I’m asking this as I’m scared of exposing my money in the beginning. I want to know if I can trade with a really small account as an investor. So I see most strategies require at least 25K and I just want to try that strategy with 1K account, is that possible? Or what would be lowest scaling possible?

Edit: Thanks for everyone who answered and especially great advice on looking for how much margin the broker uses. But I saw some strategies that don’t use margin and very low DD, so I think I can use them, thoughts?

Yes. But you are gonna pay $100+ a month in fees for $1000 account?

If you don’t trust c2, you can just manually trade. Get trade alert thru email or text. Then enter the trade your self.

Functionally you can trade some systems, but you’ll likely lose money to fees even if the system is profitable.

With 1k account size you will be limited to the type of instruments traded. Most likely only futures, options and forex probably. Also, the monthly subscription fees will eat into your profits to the point you may not make any money. But this is a way to get your feet wet and gain confidence.

However you will have to accept the fact you will not make a net profit with such a small account.

Also, of note is that futures margins increase overnite so futures trading strategies will not be suitable for you unless the strategy does not carry overnite positions,

I get your question all the time and I think it is a good one. Suppose you were able to get a 30% rate of return. That’s a really good return, but 1) would be hard to obtain on $1,000 and 2) it is $300. You would be better served to save save save and while doing so, LEARN how to invest. Do lots of simulations. Learn how to pick good investments. Investing takes extreme discipline and it’s better to learn that while saving so that when you have enough money, you’re equipped with an understanding of the tools and how to manage your emotions. Keep at it! There are LOTS of good developers on here who MAY give you a year free to learn. In fact I will! Message me and I’ll give you a coupon for a brand new strategy I just started yesterday. It is completely computer driven. It is my “core” algorithm that I use for signal generation. I am putting it out there mainly for current subs (who can subscribe for free) as a way for them to see the base algorithm I use in my other strategies. It’s really meant to be as transparency as I can. But if you follow it, you’ll see good and bad points without risking real money.

3 Likes

RFC-Agathos1, what is the name of that strategy so I can sim it? If it only daytrades you can get by with $1000 but if it carries overnite you will need more margin.

Unfortunately, it is not a day trade algorithm. The name is " SP500 Enhanced-Agrsve" which stands for aggressive. I highly recommend simulation only. As I pointed out, I will be letting the subs from my other algorithms subscribe for free as a way to obtain better transparency into the computer generated portion of the other strategies I have; i.e., no discretionary input. Now, be aware I’m currently waiting for the first computer entry (I just set it up last night). There are a few trades shown on there right now that I did today just to test drive. Once you see 2 ES contracts traded, it will be solely the computer.

I offered to Kanrad not so much to trade but to watch. I’m not saying I am some super duper trader. I just believe in getting solid footing in the investment world before jumping in. This is a step many miss out on. Thanks for your interest Algo. Together we win!

Thanks. I’ll follow your strategy. Sounds like a great suggestion. I’m already following two other which are giving good returns but yes not so much to provide me with profits on a small account.

1 Like

Good plan! Don’t hesitate to ask questions. I have found many folks on here to be very knowledgeable.

Yes. thanks! I will follow it as well.

I don’t believe $1000 can buy 1ES so you won’t be able to follow this system. The reality is $1000 is very hard to invest. Your best bet is to hit the baccarat tables bet on banker and try to gamble your 1000 into 5000 and then you can follow some futures systems on here.

Nothing is impossible. Maybe improbable, but not impossible. Find a broker with day and overnight margin of 500 dollars or less. Take a look at Amp Futures.
Tryout my strategy (EUPHORIA3K) in simulator mode.
I will be trading 1 contract per trade. My model account suggest 10k but I believe it can be done with 1k.

There are many brokers that allow daytrading margins of less than $1000 but you are correct to use that much leverage is like gambling and leaves little room for error. I suggest to follow in sim mode.

Infinity futures can give you $500 margin for 1 contract ES (US Time ), however, with your investment only $1,000. You are super extremely risky person. Nothing is impossible but you must know what most likely can happen with ur account. Even though you are using stocks strategy at C2, you should consider between subscription cost and actual profit n loss. Let say hypothetically speaking your model performance generates 100% in 1 year, how much is your total costs for 1 year? How about if your model performance lost 20% in 1 week, will you stay until 1 year? I would rather put $1,000 in different allocation.

With that small amount of money I would recommend putting it into a cryptocurrency exchange, and splitting it over a couple promising cryptos and just let it ride (DON"T trade, just hold). It’s basically gambling, and you must be ok with losing it all, but if the current crypto run continues you’ll do better than anything on Collective2, and without losses from fees.

2 Likes