The opinions expressed in these forums do not represent those of C2, and any discussion of profit/loss is not indicative of future performance or success. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading. You should therefore carefully consider whether such trading is suitable for you in light of your financial condition. You should read, understand, and consider the Risk Disclosure Statement that is provided by your broker before you consider trading. Most people who trade lose money.

Cash Available Declined Order

Yesterday I had this order get declined. I want to make sure I fully understand what I am doing wrong especially since so far today it is a painful trade to not have made.

My software often sends sells and buy orders at the same time, but I put a delay on the buy orders of 60 seconds. This way if the purchase needs to use any of the proceeds from the sale of a previous security it is able to do so. So all my sales occurred yesterday at 3:50 pm. My purchases should not have gone through until 3:51 PM but they were cancelled due to a lack of purchasing power at 3:50 PM. By my estimates from my data logs etc. I should have had about $33,750 at just before 3:51 PM in cash then had about $33,700 in orders for ZIV and UPRO, but only ZIV was filled due to lack of cash on UPRO.

Can a C2 representative look into it and let me know if my delay method is not sufficient to do what I want or if I am just incorrectly calculating my buying power that C2 gives me etc.? For now my fix is to just increase the cash holdings to prevent this from happening again and I have extended the buy delay to 120 seconds.
@MatthewKlein

Do you get a log confirmation of the SALE with a timestamp? You cant confirm on your end?

Currently I don’t have a way to show a log of my C2 buying power and don’t know if a way to do it. Again I think my fixed will prevent the problem in the future but if I can dial in the software I would like to hold less cash.

Back to C2 Platform